Searching for fabric.

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by SugarStash, Apr 24, 2007.

1. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

OK ladies, I am losing it.:ack: Well, acually, I HAVE lost it and that's what's driving me crazy. I had two of the huge rubbermaid tubs full of corduroy that I haven't used since we moved. Well, I went looking for them yesterday, and couldn't find them. So, I asked my DH, figuring maybe he put them in the garage attic. He said that he didn't think so, but went to look ayway. He came back empty-handed, and said that he thinks we must have left them behind when we moved! NOOOOOOOOO!!!:bigcry: Ok, now that I've freaked out, I need to start building my stocks back up. So, my question to you is this. I know corduroy is "out of season", but do any of you know of any good places to pick some up (either internet of otherwise) where I'm not gonna have to sell my soul to pay for either the fabric or the shipping? Any ideas would be a huge help.

Also, I am especially on the lookout for some purple corduroy. All different shades of purple. I had some before, but, even on the pricey internet shops, I'm having a really hard time finding any. Any ideas? Any cord you wanna get rid of??? :rolleyes: Again, any help will be hugely appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

2. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

wow that really sucks!

i've got a giant fabric warehouse thing by my house, next time im there i can look around and see if i find anything decent for you if you would like :)

3. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

That's awesome! I would love to have a fabric warehouse nearby. All I've really got here in town is wal-mart. About 1hr. away, there are the big chains (joann's, hobby lobby) but they're so expensive!!!

4. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

i used to get some of my cord from fabric.com, but you never know what they'll have at any particular time.

5. deadthreads

deadthreads Member

Hancock's fabric usually has a large selection of cord for under 6 bucks a yard and you can get free shipping if you put the word *welcome* in the special codes /discount box at the check out. (at least it worked for me 2 months ago:)

other than that and thrift shops I don't know where you will find reasonably priced cord this time of year- good luck and sorry you lost all your fabric :(

6. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

Fabric seems to be getting harder and harder to come by lately. Most of the Wal-Marts aren't carrying fabric any more (I never liked their stuff anyway [​IMG]), my local Hancock's is closing [​IMG], Hobby Lobby is expensive, the closest Joann's is 60 miles away, I like to touch things before I buy them, so the Internet doesn't do it for me. . . What's a girl to do?

7. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

i work in a uk based fabric store and we probably have purple cord

www.abakhan.co.uk