Sean Connery: James Bond actor dies aged 90

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Candy Gal, Oct 31, 2020.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well Sean could rock a kilt, get the bad guy, drive fast cars, woo fast women, and always do it with style.

We will miss your charming ways, and I may have to drink a very dry martini later.

RIP Sean Connery aged 90.

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Shaken not stirred.

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. ~Zen~

He lived down the road, or had an estate nearby, when we lived in Marbella for a bit... 1996-97 before we moved down to Estepona, then across to Morocco.

There are/were more Jaguars, Rolls and Bentleys down there than any other car it seemed.

Mysteron and Candy Gal like this.
  4. Candy Gal

If you have money spend it

ZenKarma likes this.
  5. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

Sad day, great man and great actor too.

ZenKarma, Candy Gal and scratcho like this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Original and best Bond.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

We lost so many good people in 2020 - RIP

[​IMG]

8. scratcho

Not to detract from the death of Mr Connery, but having been born in '39 , I've seen the greatest in movies and music come and go. It's always sad and a great loss to see those folks that have been part of your life die and it's no exception with Sir Connery.

9. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I know this is blasphemous, and I am not saying he wasn’t the best James Bond, but I liked Roger Moore better in that role. I thought Sir Connery was great in The Hunt for Red October.

I agree, Joel. When one of these entertainers dies, I age a little more.

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

11. Candy Gal

12. Watch till the end

Candy Gal, Scottishdk and scratcho like this.
  13. scratcho

Mother nature--she sure do take her toll.

Candy Gal likes this.
  14. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

He certainly was an iconic actor. I read some posts on Twitter though that he may have been physically abusive towards women, in particular his first wife Diane Cilento:

Sean Connery - Wikipedia

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Great movie..............in dedication......................

[​IMG]

Candy Gal and Eric! like this.
  16. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

Well said zen.

Candy Gal, Eric! and ZenKarma like this.
  17. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I liked him very much, he played in so many films that get forgotten because he wasn,t well known at the time, Local hero was a brilliant film that he played in. I have a funny story concerning Mr Connery several years ago, I think you'll like it.
    My wife and I were asked to do some filming for Saachi and Saachi, and we were on location on a windswept country park in the northwest of England, now in itself this wouldn't have been so bad but for one thing, it was supposed to be mid-summer, in reality it was February! It was a bitterly cold Saturday and there we were on this car park going through what had to be done, being 'summer' we had to look the part obviously, there was the wife in a little strappy summer dress and me in a white T-shirt. Look below the waist however and it was a different story, under the little dress the wife was wearing a pair of jodhpurs and her long horseriding boots and I myself was wearing a heavy pair of ski pants and my big winter boots, so the order of the day was to shoot from the waist upwards.
    We filmed several scenes and then came to the big one, we had to walk along a narrow path that emerged onto a hill that overlooked the town, then stand there hand in hand and admire the view. The only problem with this was that the path ran between the car park and the hill and was used by a lot of people, the film crew posted a man at each end of the path and asked people to wait for a few minutes, they explained about the filming and by the time we approached the end of the path several people were eagerly waiting to see who the 'actors' were, perhaps they were famous. My wife and I emerged onto the hill and stood holding hands as the camera rolled, finally the director called 'cut' and the filming ended, bitterly cold we headed back to the bus to warm up and once again ran into another group at the other end of the path, then it happened.
    As we stood around I heard seeral people talking, 'who are they?' I heard someone say, 'dunno' said another, 'I seem to recognise him, let me think' said another bloke, silence for several moments, then, 'yeah, I think you're right, I recognise him' said another man. I listened with interest, wondering exactly 'who' they'd decide I was, finally one of the men said ' I've got it, he was in that film with Sean Connery, the one with the terrorists'. I waited trying not to laugh, for the response from the other bloke who was keen to be a part of it all, 'yes, The Rock!' exclaimed the other man, that's who he is, Nicholas Cage!'
    I had to try and stifle a laugh, for some reason everybody wants to know someone famous, when I was in another film I had a chap run up to me in town one morning with his wife, I'd been on TV the night before and this man was someone who I 'knew' merely by the fact we both bought our newspapers from the same shop, we'd done nothing more than said a cursory good morning to each other yet all of a sudden here he was, shaking my hand and telling his wife how we were 'best mates and went back several years', I didn't even know his name. lol.
    I may be a lot of things, but as anyone who has seen my picture on here will surely agree, the one thing I am definately not is a Nicholas Cage lookalike.

ZenKarma likes this.
  18. ~Zen~

Imagination does many things to the brain! That's a funny story indeed, thanks for sharing that Phil!

phil1965 likes this.
  19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

He was old but it's still sad. He will be missed.

I lost my great aunt Vera a few days ago. It's hard even if they're already old.

RIP Sean Connery.

phil1965 and ZenKarma like this.
  20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I remember his Indiana Jones movie.