Sean Connery as 007

Discussion in 'Classic TV' started by MattInVegas, Jan 29, 2008.

1. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

AMC television had it wrong. While it is TRUE, the man is an ICON, he is NOT only an AMERICAN Icon! The whole 007 James Bond series was filmed by a Bristish film company called "Pinewood Studios". I only thought it propper to give credit where it belongs. Again. YES, Sean Connery is 007. But, he is a British creation. NOT an American one.
    I just wanted you to know that.

2. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Sean Connery is the only James Bond I can get along with.

The man is a chick magnet to this day.

x

1 person likes this.
  3. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

Sean Connery is the BEST 007 ever, and the new Craig guy is a shame to the entire franchise. Even Pierce Brosnan had more charisma, still Connery is the man.

2 people like this.
  4. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

[​IMG]

The American hype flyer for the 1967:'You Only Live Twice' film said it all:

"Sean Connery IS James Bond".

Ian Fleming was satisfied with the choice of Sean Connery after he abandoned the idea of having Cary Grant play 007.
    Someone who almost got the role: 'Patrick Mc Goohan'.Thankfully he went on to be 'Danger Man' & 'The Prisoner'.
    For me Sean Connery was the BEST James Bond.He had a ruthless edge as well as a slick charm.

5. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

Sean Connery is definitely the best James Bond.However Roger Moore comes a close second,different but in many ways qually good.--As far as the other Bonds,after Roger Moore stopped playing the role they should have just stopped making Bond films.

6. odon

odon Slightly Popular

7. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Actually it was Eon Productions that made the James bond series and they have all been filmed at Pinewood Studios but so have many other productions.

8. taylor_8_rod

taylor_8_rod Member

Connery was definately the best Bond

9. Seamus Gudgie

Seamus Gudgie Member

Aye, Connery was the best Bond but I think Craig is doing a decent job. To be fair he has had a chance to play a different type of Bond - a more dark, tortured soul rather than the shag the girl, shoot the bad guy and save the world character. The worst was Dalton without a doubt. No charisma, no charm just looked like he should be sitting in a Tory cabinet meeting!.

Bilby likes this.
  10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Defiently......... I loved his last 007 movie the best! (You only live twice (1967))

11. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

The Connery (and Moore) years - were of their time
    The Connery period certainly brought together the key elements of a Boys adventure - Sexy ladies (had a thing for Tatiana Romanova ), Coolness/sophistication, Gadgets, a good fight and some fine one-liners
    - For me 00 10/10 :)

1 person likes this.
  12. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Actually
    Diamonds Are Forever was his last one with Eon Productions. There was Never Say Never Again.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't have an absolute fav Bond actor. But the Craig movies ruined Bond for me.

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Sean Connery is 007...the others are merely actors.