sea salt question

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by hamish..., May 21, 2007.

1. hamish...

hamish... Member

i hav had dreads nearly 6 months now and theyre barely knotting up cos i have bad hair for dreading. well for about a month iv been washing my hair with sea salt mixed in water cos i know its good for dreads but i always leave the sea salt water in and just dry my hair...is it better to rinse it afterwards or just leave it like i do??

help is appreciated

2. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

uhhh. i think you rinse it out. i've never used it

3. egle

egle Member

i jsut go in the sea

4. hamish...

hamish... Member

fair dooz

5. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

have you noticed a change since you have ebeen washing it with the sea water?

6. hamish...

hamish... Member

oh yes a huge change it rly helps. i spent an hour today palm rolling most of my dreads and rubbed a few into tiny balls at the end to stop them "fraying" at the bottom

7. Malphas

Malphas Member

You sound like you've got the same kind of hair as me mate. I've had mine about 6 months and mine look quite similar to yours. I've got loads of strays and frizz but they are getting there slowly but surely. I use lemon juice and sea salt mixture. Makes your hair super gritty and shit.. try giving that a go. I've been using for the past month and it's helped loads..

Mal

8. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

since you have blond hair, it won't matter. but if you use lemon juice and then go out in the sun, it sortof bleaches your hair

9. hamish...

hamish... Member

i use lemon in the sea salt too! and i acually hav darkish brown hair but looks light in the day. when its warmer im going to put lemon juice on all my tips and lay out in the sun for a day...should look cool = )

10. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

yeah. we have similar hair color, then. mine is very dark brown but it looks reddish in light. i might do the lemon juice as well...

11. hamish...

hamish... Member

u like my twin or something haha

12. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

hey i just noticed your in scotland. thats so awesome. my grandma was scottish. kilts are awesome to wear

13. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

what i was thinking though as far as lemon juice was to juice like, just one dread. so ones blonde and the others are dark. i think that would be kinda cool

14. hamish...

hamish... Member

after like a year when my dreads are really knotty im going to mess with them by dying looads diff colours just like blonde, darker brown, maybe 1 or 2 dark blue or green etc.

and aye scotland rules man. savin up for a kilt at the mo but dam theyre expensive!

15. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

yeah. try buying from america. you gotta pay customs and crap. plus, it takes more dollars.

16. Malphas

Malphas Member

If you did that now it would really help your hair knot up. I've bleached a few of mine and they're absolutley solid. Be careful though, bleach destroys your hair one of my tips fell off the other day while i was rubbing it haha.

17. hamish...

hamish... Member

haha thats crap likes bout the kilt and your tip malphas.

and nah i want to feel iv got more solid dreads b4 i experiment with them hehe. for now its just wash, palm roll and take pictures:)

18. Malphas

Malphas Member

Probably the best plan man haha. I'm done bleaching 'em now. All about beads, wool and assorted crap i can find! Think i might be ready to take some pictures of mine now, feeling a lil more confident about mine now. Gonna give that a go when i get in from work :D

19. hamish...

hamish... Member

sounds brill man post some pictures where ill deffinitly see them man or just mail them to me haha i luv seein other folkz dreads its fuckin braw