Scrambled Eggs with a twist!

Discussion in 'Breakfast' started by purpleprincess, Apr 16, 2005.

1. purpleprincess

purpleprincess Member

This morning eggs were the only things available for breakfast, so I made it interesting!

I made scrambled eggs, sprinkled pepper, cut up two slices of deluxe american cheesh and threw that in there, and added canned tomatoes. It's yummy, you should try it!!!;)

2. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

I'm always eating chunky salsa on the side of my scrambleds

3. Jim

Jim Senior Member

Sounds good.

I like adding some chopped ham or something similar in too, to liven it up.

4. Midget

Midget Senior Member

My dad's wife always does scrambled eggs with a bunch of veggies in them...and man they are good. Ha, I just realized this thread is kind of old...but oh well. She like takes a stirfry package or something, you know, the veggies and mmm! And some cheese sometimes. :)

5. gdhmomchild

I do what I call "kitchen sink" eggs (has everything but the kitchen sink) Whatever I have available, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham, sausage and a cheese or two with salsa on the side. Those are things I usually have in the fridge though.

6. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

try putting the salsa in the eggs
    i usually do it with cheese, olives and jalapenos
    it kinda looks like vomit, but tastes so good

7. gdhmomchild

ahh yeah! fergot olives, lol, both green or black...I prefer salsa on the side because I like a bite or two with heavy salsa and a bite or two plain as well. I've put sour cream in 'em too when cooking...pestos....hmmm....*rifles the fridge*

8. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Ick...I don't like olives. Make mine without, please. :) :p

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oooh, that sounds good. Well, not the looking like vomit part, but I'm definitely going to have to try making eggs like that sometime.

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

interesting... :)

11. wandering_okie

wandering_okie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

we like to cook hashbrowns, then after you turn them over, pour the eggs on top. When the eggs set, turn it over briefly to slightly brown the eggs. It's like an omelet. Serve with salsa on top. YUM

12. Fagin_The_Pagan

Fagin_The_Pagan Member

Nah man, uv got to keep it simple, three eggs beaton into double cream, seasoned with sea salt and black pepper corns, scambled up in the frying pan and served with smoked bacon on a toasted bagel, with a good serving tomato ketchup.

13. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

put some rosemary, oregano, and soy sauce, scramble em up and eat with white rice topped with some chili oil... yummmay. this is also great added to stir fry or fried rice.

in hawaii you can get portuguese sausage eggs and rice as a breakfast at mcdonalds, very popular, simple and tasty.

14. angelle

angelle Member

i like tomato and broccoli added to my scrambled eggs.. through a little cheese on the top of them.. mmm and yeah, salsa is delicious with eggs.

15. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I like to slice up a tortilla and toss it in there, a handful of shredded cheese and usually a meat, ham or chicken and scramble it up.
    Tastes yummy

16. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

migas are good too... very very simple. sliced up corn tortillas, browned slightly with slices of onion, and then add eggs to it and finish cooking and serve with salsa... mmm

17. ameliorateLJ

ameliorateLJ Member

It sounds like not a lot of people do this, but i can't understand why not...
    I always mix up a little cream cheese with my eggs. It's delicious, although not the least fattening of ways to cook your eggs.
    A bit of spinach, Parmesan and basil is yummy too :)

18. steve-peace

steve-peace Member

That's why I love eggs, you can add just about anything to them and they taste good. I like cheese the best, i don't usually get too fancy, generally some cheese and pepper and salt, maybe the odd spice just dashed in. But something I tried today that was surprisingly good: scrambled eggs sprinkled with cinnamon, it sounds weird i know but it was good, it made the eggs taste very sweet.

19. Konulu

Konulu Member

You can also make little nests in the hashbrowns, and steam the eggs with the lid on at a low heat they set and are just like poached eggs, except inside of the hashbrowns.

20. Wormed

Wormed Member

i thought the twist was going to be weed or something