Scientology: mind control and empty pockets

Discussion in 'Scientology' started by ThePepsiSyndrome, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ThePepsiSyndrome

ThePepsiSyndrome Member

http://www.streetnewsservice.org/ne...entology-mind-control-and-empty-pockets-.aspx

2. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

They are indoctrinated to believe that they are not only the only hope for mankind, but in fact the galaxy itself. As Jason Beghe said in a speech in Germany, if you felt that the galaxy itself was in peril and you "knew" you had the responsibility and ability to save it, what would you be willing to do? Lie? Mislead people, drain them financially and even abuse them? With the entire galaxy at stake? Sure. You'd do anything you were ordered to do. And that is part of what makes this organization a cult. All I can say is thank God for the internet, and it's ability to quickly spread the word on groups like this.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds a bit different to what I remember with all this spiritual stuff.

I always thought they thought we came from Mars? -shrug-

:D

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology's "inventor") is widely rumored to have said "The easiest way to become a millionaire is to invent your own religion."

And I believe he proved his theory.

imho...if a religion (or belief system) is legitimate, one does not have to pay money to "receive the knowledge" ...

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Recieve free, give free

6. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

All religions are cults. The OP is wrong in its assertion that just because it is a new religion that was created by man that it somehow has precedence over the older cults.