Schwagstock 2006 (Missouri)

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Yell, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yell

Yell Member

I came here rather expecting a thread already about this, but I've yet to find one.

I think this summer will be my first Schwagstock. Has anyone else ever been or plan on going?

http://www.theschwag.com/schwagstock2006.html

JULY 7+8 - SCHWAGSTOCK 30

AUGUST 11+12 - SCHWAGSTOCK 31

SEPTEMBER 15+16 - SCHWAGSTOCK 32

OCTOBER 27+28 - SPOOKSTOCK 5

2. sunshine and pearls

sunshine and pearls Member

I'm really trying to concince my husband to go since its not that far away from us. we just got home from waka so he is not really in the mood. i want so bad to see big brother and the holding company.

3. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

There may be a Schwagstock thread on an older page. A lot of Hipforums folks go there. Go I guarantee that you'll enjoy it. If you liked Wakarusa you'll love Schwagstock.

4. Yell

Yell Member

Thing is, I've never been to Wakarusa.

5. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

You'll love Schwagstock anyway. You'll met tons of absolutely wonderful people. Go join The Schwag message board on their website and start meeting some of the folks that go there.

6. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

God, its a beautiful time.... Zoe is fucking gorgeous.....

7. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Just avoid going through the city of Salem MO

8. Yell

Yell Member

Why? I've been to Salem before. I was raised in southern Missouri.

9. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

salem isnt anything compared to some other MO towns...

10. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Salem cops are notorious for 'profiling" Schwag attendees. They use any excuse however flimsy to stop people,illegally search their cars and arrest them so they can milk them for money. Schwaggers used to stop in Salem for groceries,beer etc until the Salem Gestapo oops I mean police started being *ssholes. As a result many Schwaggers have been boycotting Salem.

Emminence MO has it figured out. They know if they leave us alone that we'll do our shopping there instead of Salem. They know that they make more money from tourist (read Schwagger) dollars than from fines.

11. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Like Oronogo MO. The pigs there are nothing but #1 grade A ASSHOLES!

12. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

Schwagstock is a great festival, lots of kind people, beautiful campground, good music, some of the best vendors I've seen even after being to bigger festivals. It's like a home away from home.

On a darker note. . .

Yes, the Salem cops are bad but they aren't as bad as some people make them out to be. I've been to about 12 festivals at Zoe, each time going thru Salem and I've only been pulled over once. I had a burnt out tail-lamp, it's shitty but if you wait to buy your goodies once you get there then you have nothing to worry about. People who drive through Salem with stuff on them are just plain stupid. I didn't have anything to be all nervous or scared about when they pulled me over because me and my friends all agreed to just get our goodies there. Yes, it sucks being profiled, but if you've been to Zoe before and you know about Salem and still go thru it and get caught, it's kind of your own fault because there ARE alternate routes. but that still doesn't mean you're going to be safe. :(

13. Lainey

Lainey Member

ive been to a few schwags, and all were unquestionably awesome.
    the people music and beautiful country land realy work in harmony for a magical weekend :)

..the thing about Salem is that the typical hippys driving through eagerly to get to the fest dont realize the offense taken by the townspeople..
    its their town, and its really a nice one too, so drive respectfullly..and lay off the glowsticks till u get there :p

i really hope i get to go in july bc i have a lot of friends who are and OMG THERES A ZEPPELIN TRIBUTE!! but i dont have a ride, so if any of you are departing or going through st.louis HIT ME UP and ill exchange a favor

14. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Hey there Angela! haven't heard from ya in awhile. Hope your move to Philly went well.

pm me.

15. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

Lainey--- I bet you'll have a lot better luck finding a ride if you sign up on the Schwag forum.

www.theschwag.com

Lot's of kind people and the majority are from St. Louis!!!

Check your pms Carl!

16. kanga420

kanga420 Member

Personface: I sent you a personal message, please e-mail me back. Thanks!

17. deadthreads

deadthreads Member

I think we are going to the big summer classic to catch SCI for the last time, anyone else considering this? I say 'think' simply because the tickets are so much more expensive than normal. I personally would prefer to go for Zoso or keller williams but i think I am out voted :(

18. theshaman

theshaman Member

So how many people here are on the Schwag board? I know Carl is, and tazzy, I am, but who is also on that board and what is your name there? I am theshaman on both hipforums and theschwagboard.

19. Lainey

Lainey Member

im on the schwag board, as Lainey

20. dead2dacore

dead2dacore Member

im on the schwag board, but i rarely post

dcbugher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.