Schumer introducing marijuana decriminalization bill today....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walkoflife, Apr 20, 2018.

1. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

Well, quite the week it's been.

Comey's 60 Minutes interview, politicians bringing their newborns onto the Senate floor (pretty kick ass move there) and now we've arrived at 420 Day.

What better way to kick off the festivities than introducing a 420 decriminalization bill.

Read the NPR piece...

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

It has zero chance of going anywhere, unfortunately.

3. walkoflife

Well, I definitely agree, my friend.

But the importance of this legislation isn't merely getting something passed on the Federal level and removing it from the DEA's banned substance list; it's more about the realization that too many people are being arrested for trivial charges stemming from marijuana.

This is NOT about the opioid crisis...it's about recognition that it's time to leave this drug alone.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

wow. i guess they really need the money or something. I don't think it will pass, but it would sure be interesting if it did if only for the tourism. I don't smoke anymore and I gave up edibles around a year ago, though I admit I still felt a sense of victory when the California law changed. To tell the truth, nothing has changed for me since marijuana has been legalized here. There are no new dispensaries in my area because the only services allowed here are delivery, and it's not in grocery stores or anything so grandiose. I wish there was a bigger impact actually. But I get concerned that anytime you smoke something, or even vape something that it's effecting your heart and lungs etc. So, I don't know. :)

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

When 3 states legalize, it all becomes a domino effect from there :cool:

6. walkoflife

I'm just glad that conversations are getting more serious today as opposed to 10, 15 years ago. Whereas politicians treated marijuana as a 'taboo' subject then, today it's becoming less of a "recreational debate" and more of a taxation possibility.

7. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I said the same thing in the late 70s. Always the carrot is dangled then yanked away. Medical Marijuana was a smokescreen that worked surprisingly well. What I don't get though is how we seem to have so many old puritans in politics to this day. Where did all the people my age go? It seems like none of them went into politics.

scratcho and walkoflife like this.
  8. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

??

More than 3 states already have legalized rec mj

9. deleted

deleted Visitor