Schools

Discussion in 'Protest' started by dionne, May 2, 2007.

1. dionne

dionne Member

does anyone else think there's something wrong with public schools, I feel like all they did was lie to me and feed me hippocritial crap

2. sentient

sentient Senior Member

yeah .... and?? well you and a few million others - so what - you want us to go fuck up some teachers, punch their lights out, plant explosives - what ????

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

thats a start....

4. mandell

mandell Banned

Most schools both public and private are prisons, so to speak...

And nowadays, we hope our kids don't get shot trying to get an uhm... "education".
    :&

5. sentient

sentient Senior Member

when did anyone get an education in the USA ???? ha ha ha
    thats the last place on earth you want to go for education, well with the exception of a couple of african countries and any strict muslim countries

6. Haid

Haid Member

Well there sure are a lot of foreigners who think it is. You walk on to a campus and sometimes its hard to tell what country you are in. The US has one of the best higher education systems in the world. To the OP, if you don't want an education then don't get one their are plenty of foreigners begging for your spot.

7. Maybelle

Maybelle NeoHipALicious

Public schools are funded by the federal/state governments so that may have something to do with it. I have school age children and I feel pretty positive about their public school experience so far. It seems alot better than when I was their ages.

8. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Consolidation blues... There's nothing natural about cramming hundreds of young folk into rooms together for extended periods of time, and forcing them to sit still and "pay attention", while revved up on sugar cereal, donuts, chockolate milk, pancakes or waffles..............

The students bring all the crap to school with them that they see, hear, and experience at home. Angry, frustrated, overworked, they lash out at each other.
    And then there are things like HEAD LICE and contageous sicknesses...... Plus there are those lucky kids that live out in the country so they have to ride the bus sometimes an hour and a half to those WONDERFUL consolidated havens of learning.

BULL BISCUITS! I learned far more out of school than in. It's a scam. They don't give a damn if you learn anything or not. If you learn to be a good follower, great, but if you don't fit in, just pass 'em on as quickly as possible so they can be rid of you.

I tried an experiment. I took my kids out of school after telling off the principal in some REAL colorful language and stating I would NEVER send them back there. I signed them up for homeschool. They made it SO EASY it was ridiculous. They did not want my kids there messing up their SO PERFECT school. They'd send me the papers every year to fill out. I used a fake person as "teacher". Works great as long as you can produce a highschool diploma... They're automatically approved, I get books for the year, and the kids (teenagers) never once opened any of them. End of the year they go to the school and take a "test". No grades, just below average, average, above average. And it didn't matter how badly they did, 'cause they passed anyhow. Some years they didn't even get the ONE test... So how does anyone know how the kiddies are doing in school? My youngest, at 15, simply quit 3 months before her 16th birthday. Nobody cared. Amazingly enough, all my kids are doing just fine in their lives and no regrets. School, after learning the basics, was a waste of time.
    Oh yea, and I found myself teaching homeschool once, many years ago. This girl was 11 and had never been to school. She couldn't read or write. I worked real hard with her for 8 months and got her to 3rd grade level so she could start school with other kids her age. The only thing she didn't have down yet was writing in cursive...
    So, why does someone have to go to school every weekday for 4 years (including kindergarten) to get to the same place as you could get to in less than a year by homeschooling?

As you can tell, I don't think the public education system is anything but a government sponsored torture chamber/babysitter designed to turn out a few good robots...

9. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i homeschool too! W00T!

NYS homeschool laws are different, though. mandatory testing doesn't start until 4th or 4th grade and you can opt for an alternative evaluation every other year. they micromanage the subject matter in the requirements but they can't regulate content or teaching methods.

10. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

Bias, mindwarping hullaballoo.

I praise homeschool mamas.

11. egle

egle Member

im at school. Woop, Im learning so much!! seriusly!!!........ It seems to me most people who end up nice and not a small minded person who cant understand other people and other cultures end up failing and doing drugs. (well not all) Pupils mess teaches around but nuthing realy can change it? maybe change the way it all runs

Any questions about UK schools for me before i leave in 2 weeks, happy days!