School Shooting in Broward County, FL

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

This is unreal, so heartbreaking. I don't know how we will ever stop these mass shooting from happening, seems like there's no end in sight. :(

Kerri likes this.
  3. Kerri

Kerri Members

“Thoughts and prayers” is all the government will offer because the NRA buys them. Maybe political contributions should also be limited to thoughts and prayers

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is sad. It's going to go on until every single school requires every kid to walk through a metal detector, and every school has armed security standing by to react. The guns are going no where in this country, and gun control will never exist. People will own guns illegally for the sake of protecting themselves, because the criminals will always have them, regardless. Get your concealed carry permit....

Deidre likes this.
  5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Metal detectors still won't solve the problem. school starts at 7...when and where can I go if i want to kill the kids i hate?

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Its that time again, guys

Here come the thoughts and prayers

And not a bit of acknowledgement that America has a gun problem
    And no action to correct the problem

Rinse, repeat.

TheGhost, MeAgain, Lynnbrown and 2 others like this.
  7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

There is no answer to correct the problem.

8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Of the schools that have had problems with weapons, metal detectors have made a huge impact. I don't like it, but that's just how it is in some places. When I was in school any kid who brought a weapon never came back. And it didn't have to be a gun, one dumbass brought a bayonet. The REALLY bad ones in high school didn't go to a reform school or to the juvenile system, they went straight to "Q" (San Quentin). By the late 70s the worst of San Rafael's school problems were over. When I graduated the only arrests at school were dope dealers.

As usual this sort of incident draws the gun control crowd. Personally, I'd rather we talked about the maniac control problem. When Dylann Roof murdered people in a church, the gun control issue came up right away, but it was sidelined by the quest to eliminate the confederate flag, an effort that led to monuments being torn down and few people who actually remembered the names of Roof's victims. Using something like this to score political jabs is ghoulish.

Hugs & Spit and Eric! like this.
  9. Eric!

I'm not following what you're asking here. The kids (and teachers) get scanned as soon as the doors open for the day, no matter what time that is. What are you referring to in the second part of your statement (where to go to kill kids you hate)?

10. Eric!

But something must be done. Something.....

Kerri likes this.
  11. Aerianne

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I take my gun and I go to the metal detector. I don't go through. I wait for my targets who will inevitably be there and shoot when I am good and ready. George thinks metal detectors will help. If they do then I am as much for them as the next guy. I know they wouldn't keep me from my plans if I had them though.

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yes that's what the people in charge want.
    As we can see. We had a drug problem. Being that making them illegal made them go away...im sure the same will happen to guns.

One single thing can solve the problem. Make gun factories illegal. Good luck with that one.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes, there is. There are solutions offered literally every time a mass shooting happens but nothing ever comes of it because the NRA has everyone so brainwashed they think the gubberment is going to come take all their guns anytime they hear the word "gun control."

Close loopholes on private gun control sales. Create uniform laws in all states barring anyone who has been convicted of a CDV or stalking/harrassment charges. Enforce harsh penalties on stupid parents who dont lock up their guns around children - thats my own idea, I don't know if anyone in Congress has ever suggested it - in lieu of that, create a public health campaign educating the public on how to properly lock their guns away when they live with a minor...should be common sense but obviously isnt.

Institute a voluntary buyback program
    Study what has worked for other countries and institute some of their policies

Basically anything that discourages the crazy gun and violence culture that exists here would at least be a start.

15. Kerri

Kerri Members

The fact that metal detectors won’t solve the problem doesn’t mean we throw our hands up and do nothing

16. Eric!

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, and your point is that it could very well happen outside the school, anywhere off school grounds, etc. Its difficult to stop all of it, I get it. Ultimately I don't think we have a gun problem, I think we have a crazy people problem. And some how, someway, we have to figure out how to make it hard for them to get thier hands on weapons. Gun owners have to be more responsible to ensure thier kids or kid's friends don't have access to thier firearms when they aren't home. Responsible people need to simply lock that shit up.

Then there's cops that shoot and kill unarmed people. That's a problem. They need better training, they need intensive training, and should be held accountable for stupidly killing unarmed citizens, and not get acquitted so easily. I heard on the radio today that some police chief or some city official somewhere is requiring his police officers to get random lie detector tests as well as urinalysis tests. It's a great idea. It puts tainted law enforcement on the spot, and levels the playing field when it comes to accountability. I think every time a cop discharges his weapon, and kills a citizen, a lie detector test should be administered to assess his or her state of mind.

Meliai likes this.
  17. Aerianne

18. Eric!

"Gubberment".....LMAO-I'm in tears, LOL!!

Meliai likes this.
  19. Aerianne

20. Eric!

They could have done something as early as Dec 25th to avoid this, the signs were right there. All the the stupid people that "liked" those post.......(shaking my head)......

They were all too busy doing this:

image.jpeg