school plays

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 8, 2004.

1. peace*love*congas

peace*love*congas Member

I was in the musical WORKING .. it was a funny show. I was the project manager. Everyone said I was sexy in my little business outfit, but my boyfriend didnt like that. HAH! It was good fun. Yeah and the best part was, it was a musical and I don't think im a very good singer. But I got two small solos and I got to sing the highest note in the show. ???!! WHAAAT! So i was on a massive ego trip for a while. :&

2. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i have seen alot of plays. only been in a few though. i love theater. i just love the live audience responce. the bigger the audience the more comforable on stage i feel!

ok was in Shakespeare's The Tempest, i played Antonio, but they changed it to Antonia for me.
    i was in Once on this Island, musical, i had about three different parts, just extra work, one or two lines.
    and a fabulous play called Flapper, musical, about the roaring twenties!, played miss granville. wonderful. i think the is the best play i have ever been in. it was a cast of about 30 people from 9-15 years old. alot of little kids. but the director did such a good job with the sets and the costumes and the music and the coreography! it was amazing, they really did just recreate the whole 20's vibe and.....!
    The Mad Adventures of Mr. Toad, musical, based on the book The Wind in the Willows, played the barge woman. it was at a different theatre than i had done everything else and i didn't like the play theatre or director.

and then i've just done little class plays and sketches. if anyone ever decided to do a production of Hair i'd be on it in a second. i love Hair!

3. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Wow lets see...
    I was part of the tornado, a munchkin, snowflake, and Oz citizen in The Wizard of Oz.
    Nicole Allen - FAME!
    Storyteller - The Invisible Dragon
    Village person - The Invisible Dragon
    Wild Thing, and just about everything else - Where The Wild Things Are
    Technical Aspects in - The Music Man, R.O.C.K in the U.S.A, Auditory Overload, The Wizard of Oz, and The Invisible Dragon.

I attended a performing arts high school so I did just about everything.

4. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

I was in: Bye Bye Birdie, Annie, (I played Miss Hannigan,) West Side Story, Kid's Country, Mrs. Snaadgrass' Fairytales, Snow White, Little Lunchonette of Terro-a spin-off obviosly, One Deadly Night, and some smaller ones. They were all fun! I am very shy but I love performing!