Scca

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 6, 2006.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I was kinda looking into other types of racing, I have done bracket racing before at the drag track but was told about timed road racing with the SCCA. Something like on road legal racing. No so much just speed but more like pacing the lights, trying to shave off the time. Suppose to be very tough to do but lots of events. Figure if I get this job need a hobby and I love anything to do with cars. Drag racing is fun and all but so many there at the local track its hard to get time on the track.

2. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

I used to run the scca in the mid 80`s, with a 5.0 capri, twin stick turbo colt and a SD455 TA all at the same events.

Then it was just big courses set up in parking lots, nothing too jazzy.

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

rally racing would be the only racin id be interested in.

ya cant drive till ya know how to do it wide open on dirt..:p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fuck abuncha roundy round bullshit..

the real games in the woods..

hhehheeehhehe

be carefull where ya watch.

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-935.htm

4. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Well I have a 95 Impala SS and I guess with a few suspension mods it would be pretty fun for some things but seriously thought of selling it and getting something different. Was looking at even one of these to build:

[​IMG]

5. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

When I was 15 I used to have to drive 2mph for four miles and pray no one came down the dirt road to get my superbee dirty to hit pavement to town to street race.

Most the time my 16 yr friend with a dl would drive till we hit the local quarter mile road.

If you learn on dirt roads or roads with inches of thick ice the streets are easy.

6. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

im gonna go vomit on someones hat now..

its a floppy green thing.

yall have a good evenin talkin shit..

7. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Im just looking for some weekend end type fun, a few summer events to go on, nothing like some unlimited class shit or anything. That is why I would take out my current car and just bracket race it. Nothing too intense you know.