Scavenger hunt for Festivals!

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by JustBob, May 23, 2004.

1. JustBob

JustBob Member

Some friends of mine were talking about doing this a while back, and I thought it would be a fun idea. In no way am I making fun of hippies, dreads, or music lovers. I love them all. I'm going to be at Wakarusa in June, but I also hope to have this ready for people at roo.

Heres how it works. I'll provide a list that I will post and have printed copies of at waka. You then take the list around the fest for however long it is surching for everything on the list. It would be best to have a Digital, or polaroid camera to document each item you find. Most will not be things you can bring back with you. Film would have to be procesed if you use disposable cameras.

Examples of things you will be looking for

1. A hippie chick hula hooping and blowing bubbles at the same time.

2. Someone passed out in front of a stage while a band is playing.

3. A Juggler in action.

4. A naked person or persons in a public area. extra points for more then one

5. Unauthorized vendor selling posters of both Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia.

6. Two dreadlocked festers laying on the grass making out.

7. A tie die(or is it tye dye) flag at a camp site.

Each item will have a points value and high score(or 1st complete list) will win a prize. No staging of photos or using of friends please. Honesty will play a big part in this game. If you see a guy juggling take a picture, or ask him to juggle for you. Don't walk around asking people if they know how to juggle. Don't ask people to get naked, even if it sounds like more fun then the hunt.

I need help!!!! I would love to pull this off, but I need things for people to find that would not cost them money. Post suggestions on things or events to find. If you have any rules you think would fit, please post them. Last but not least, how about some ideas for prizes.

I would love to give away one big prize to the winner, and smaller prizes to anyone who finishes the list. Maybe even a small prize for anyone who works on it the whole weekend and turns it in Sunday. I would hate for anyone not to get something out of this. What could I give you that would make you work on the list and not give up? I don't think anyone will finish it early in the fest, so don't limit your prize suggestions to things to use there.I WILL ONLY BE GIVING PRIZES AWAY AT WAKARUSA, not at roo if the list is used there.

Anyone want to sponsor this game by giving prizes? If you own a business or make crafts this might be a small way to get your name out there. Any web designers interested in posting all the pictures after the fest, drop me a line.

I'll post my cell number for people to find me at the Wakarusa for list and turning in list for prizes.

ayeolsucks@yahoo.com thats the e-mail and my name is Bob. Talk to me people.

PS this might be posted in more then one spot, but I will check them all. No need to post in more then one.

2. JamminOTR

JamminOTR Member

Great idea Bob! If I was going to Wakarusa I would be way down for this, but as I'm not I can't really. But I really like the idea of having a shavanger hunt at feties, that could be a lot of fun. I think you should add a bunch more things though, make the list like 50 things. I dont know, great idea though!!

In Lak'ech

3. JustBob

JustBob Member

The list might be 100 things when I'm done. I hope to get a lot of people on the forums posting things to add.

This post is here to let people know about it and to make the list. I can't come up with everything myself. Help me out with things you see at every fest, or odd things you saw once at a fest.

4. JustBob

JustBob Member

Well, I thought more people would help me add things to the list, but it looks like this is going to die.

Last chance effort here, anyone want to give me some ideas?

5. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

a dready kid in a VW with a dog, selling "heady" grilled cheeses.

a girl with a basket walking around selling ganja treats

a girl with any of the following names "sunshine" "free" Sugar Magnolia" "(insert randmom overplayed hippie name here)"

6. JustBob

JustBob Member

haha, I love the names. Every buy food from the grilled cheese guy? I'm always afraid. thanx, they should all make the list

7. mellimel19

mellimel19 Member

nothin to fear bob, I have eaten tons of heady grilled cheeses from the lots, and still live to tell the tale...

8. JustBob

JustBob Member

This is the list I'm using at Wakarusa in Lawrence, KS.

1. (5)Person hula hooping and blowing bubbles at the same time.

2. (5)Person passed out in front of a stage while a band is playing.

3. (2)A Juggler in action.

4. (5 & 1 for each extra in the photo)A naked person or persons in a public area. extra points for more then one together.

5. (5)Unauthorized vendor selling posters of any of the following artist:Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, or Bob Marley

6. (5)Two dreadlocked festers laying on the grass making out.

7. (3)A tie die(or is it tye dye) flag at a camp site.

8. (5 & 2 if in VW van)A dready selling grilled cheese from camp site. Extra points if in a VW Van.

9. (5)Unauthorized vendor selling flowers, beeds, or insence out of a basket.

10. (8 ) A hippie with a name like:Sunshine, Freedom, Sugar Magnolia, Sunflower, or any other hippie name. Proof will be needed, like drivers licence in the photo.

11. (5)Person wearing a heavy metal band t-shirt.

12. (5)Person in a costume: clown, jester, playboy bunny....

13. (3)Person with a yo yo.

14. (5)Drum circle in camp sites.

15. (5)An anti-war pin, shirt, or sign.

16. (5 each) Tattoos:dancing bears, guitar, name or logo of a band playing at the fest.

17. (5)Artist working(other then musicians):painters, someone drawing, someone doing crafts....

18. (5)You posing with a member of a band. Needs to be a band that is playing on the main stages or revival tent.

19. (7)Person wearing moccasins.

20. (5)3 or more people playing with a hacky sack.

21. (5)Person wearing a Derek Trucks Band T-shirt.

22. (5)Person with an afro.

23. (8)Tie Die paint job on any car.

24. (9)A teepee.

25. (5)Child dancing to music from a stage.

26. (5)Child making crafts, painting, drwaing....

27. (5)Person with a mullet.

28. (10)License plate from a state that boarders an ocean. WA, OR, CA, FL, GA... Gulf dosen't count.

29. (5)Bumper sticker on a car of a band playing the fest.

30. (5)A wild animal in the park:Deer, coon, bunny...(no birds or fish)ok, maybe a duck

31. (5)A picture of a sunrise at the fest. (no cheating with sunsets)

32. (5)Person in grass skirt.

33. (3)Person doing a hand stand.

34. (3)Person in a hammock.

35. (5)Person with a laptop in the camp sites.

36. (5)Person waring ears, or devil horns.

37. (7)Person with a mohawk.

38. (5)Man is a dress, skirt, kilt...

39. (5)Child playing an insturment.

40. (5)Person with a guitar in front of a stage that is obviously not with the band.

41. (5)Person in a tree.

42. (5)Person with a kazoo.

43. (5)Person spreading gliter(farie dust).

44. (5 & 2 extra if gray)Guy with ZZ Top like beard. Extra points if beard is gray.

45. (5)Person with face painted.

46. (5)People doing Yoga or TaiChi.

47. (3)Person wearing overalls.

48. (2)The no Waka Shuttle.

49. (5)Person in body paint.

50. (10)You posing with local officer of the law in Uniform(Deputy, Lawrenc police, highway potrol)No security or safty guys. The officer also has to smile in the photo.

9. ~piscean]-[delusions

~piscean]-[delusions Member

man that has to be one of the greatest scavenger hunt idea lists I have ever seen! thank you very much for sharing, your efforts will ensure many will benefit in future years from better hunts!

10. JustBob

JustBob Member

I can't take credit for the idea, but I did make the list. 2 Friends of mine who are now in a band together called Mars Retreval Unit(MRU) were talking about it at the Langerado Fest in Hollywood when we were there. I thought they were on to somthing, so I made a list. Its going to be so much fun looking at the pictures people get.

Please take the list and run with it. Make changes, add things, whatever. I'll post on here how it goes at the fest this weekend. Tell you the good and bad.

Thank you to everyone who helped with ideas and support.
    Bob

11. peony blossom

peony blossom Member

I'm going to the phish festival. Mind if I do the scavenger hunt there?

12. JustBob

JustBob Member

go for it peony, tell me how it turns out

Bob