Scarlet Xbox

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wooleeheron, Jun 9, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Microsoft Xbox Project Scarlett Console Launches In 2020: AMD Zen 2, 8K Navi And SSD Support | HotHardware

E3 is taking place and this is the first confirmation of Microsoft's next console, which is so powerful it puts most desktop gaming rigs to shame. Seriously, it has the latest 8 core AMD processor, 24gb of DDR6 ram, and the latest Navi graphics. It uses the latest SSDs to cut load times down to three seconds or less normally and has an additional 2gb of storage. Most gamers are still running quad and hex core processors with 16gb of ram and a graphics card which is maybe good for 1440p resolutions at best, while this console can even be pushed to render 8k and is designed for 4k televisions with 120fps.

As outrageous as these specs are, what they imply is next year is going to fry everybody's brain, because AMD, Intel, and Nvidia aren't through yet.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not excited yet and I'm a console gamer (one who's no fan of a particular brand in particular and have enjoyed xbox in the past).
    IF i get another console (and if is in capitals for a reason) it definitely won't be in the year of release. Ps4 will suffice for at least 2 years anyway

3. wooleeheron

My point is that consoles tend to have wimpy hardware, while this one has jumped ahead to the most modern hardware on the market.

The only reason to do that is because Intel, AMD, and Nvidia are about to release even more powerful hardware. The entire industry has been working towards creating a new architecture for the PC based on distributed computing, and have already come to agreement on quite a few things, including putting AI circuitry on every processor being made. Next year they will release their own ideas on what works best, and we should see a generational leap in the technology that drives down the prices dramatically. Intel and AMD have graphics cards they are working on with AI circuitry, which may or may not come by the end of the year, but until we have a complete roundup of all their ideas there is no way to even begin to predict what comes next.

In other words, its best to buy in the fall this year if you need something, and then wait at least a year for the dust to settle.

Asmodean likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Key part; if you need something
    ;)

5. wooleeheron

There's no reason any of us can't live out of a cave if we want and never use electricity again, but most people think of their devices and computers as necessary essentials. :)

What started out as gamers struggling to afford the newest processors, has grown into everyone else waiting for the newest consoles to come out so we can buy hardware cheaper.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. Asmodean

Yes, and I already have a fully functional computer specifically for gaming. There are games for it in development for the next 2 years at least.
    So imo its best to await the big competitors release too and at the same time let the gadget horny early birds test the new xbox out for max. price. That way I can make a fully informed choice in a time the console has proven it's worth, AND its more clear what games are available. Plus it might be slightly cheaper

7. wooleeheron

In general, for video games and their hardware, its best to wait at least a year for prices to come down, and businesses today commonly use 3 year old hardware, because that's when the prices are the best. That's one reason fans follow the hardware news so closely, because it changes so rapidly they need to know when to buy different things at the lowest prices, and they can get competitive about who got the best deals.

8. Asmodean

One reason I left PC gaming behind.

9. wooleeheron

For me its like music and videos. You could say my brain damage makes me autistic in some respects and have a limited capacity to appreciate such things. Video games for me are a way to reboot my brain and even to think about quantum mechanics and other things, while I do something mindless to distract my visual centers. I literally see the world around me in terms of logic, geometry, dynamics, and mathematics. I literally cannot think the way most people do, and gave up trying at an early age.

10. wooleeheron

Here's a quick breakdown of the games coming with the new Xbox.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not excited because, I've went and bought consoles on release night and they're always buggy and the games a shit.

12. wooleeheron

This time Microsoft has doubled the number of developers and it will release with 60 titles, 34 of which are new releases. Bugs should be less of a problem, because I expect Microsoft to introduce their next generation AI architecture along with the console. Everybody in the industry has been working towards adding AI circuitry to everything including the processor, making for much less frequent and smaller downloads, as well as, a practically bug free experience. That might sound impossible, but AMD's current Vega graphics cards already decide for themselves how to run any program.

They are basically introducing the next generation PC architecture and internet cloud computing, that will eclipse anything you know of and, until the dust settles, there's no saying what the limits are.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019