scared but would rather be excited

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by uptighthippie, Sep 28, 2013.

1. uptighthippie

uptighthippie Member

I hope we make it through the transition and get to see and experience the type one civilization, why cause so much pain its not worth trauma to humanity we have to simply eat the sandwhich

2. lode

lode Banned

Simply eat the sandwich? I'm so in! Let's get a bunch of sauerkraut and make reubens. :biggrin:

3. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

What are you scared of?

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i know what i'm scared of, but diversity being the nature of reality, it won't be forever.
    i don't expect to be alive to see the other side of it. that will take several if not many decades and i have few if even one remaining.
    there is always hope and possibility the greater pain will be avoided.
    either way, it will come and go as all things do.

we can fear, or not, but nature and the universe will do what it will regardless.

5. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

energy cannot be destroyed, your soul will live on forever; if it does not reach/reconnect with GOD [THE ALL] after this life time, youll reincarnate in physical form to learn lessons you didnt in the previous in order to achieve the degree of spiritual development neccesary to understand [wisdom]

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is my impression also. it is such a big universe that the likelihood of two lives in a row being on the same world, are so minute as to be effectively nil. this is a good thing too. memories might not survive (for the most part they almost certainly don't) only the patterns of preferences that define us, are what do. i do not know of an end point or their needing to be. i think it would have been nice for this life to have been able to have been longer.

different worlds, different life spans. what happens between is unknown.

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i only went through high school science but i am pretty sure it is mass that cannot be destroyed. energy can be burned out, although i dont disagree with the idea of your post.

now where is that sandwich?

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it can be converted back and forth into matter. that is where your sandwich comes from.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i thought about this post for about a minute and i think my head just exploded. it might have exploded because i am hungry for a sandwich though.

10. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

oh like energy, they survive. birth is consider a traumatic experience which helps you forget and start over, but some children remember their past lives here on earth and what about past life regression? Maybe its stored somewhere like the Akashic records or just your higher consciousness. thats what the Bibles refers to as hell, remembering your past regressions and spiritual undevelopment and lower reincarnation starting furthur back only to try and evolve once back to where you were and on moreward closer to GOD

11. uptighthippie

uptighthippie Member

Logan, I'm scared off us blowing ourselves up I'd prefer to die peacefully of old age

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

You should have been around in the sixties.

13. uptighthippie

uptighthippie Member

why do you say i should have been around in the sixties?

14. Logan 5

Fear is good.

It let's you know that you're still alive.

15. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Cool, I'll bring the existentialist corned beef!!

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

That is when we youngsters were hiding under our desks at school while the adults were building fallout shelters and preparing for nuclear attack.

In 1962 the Cuban Missile Crisis occurred,
    Cuba was blockaded and the U.S. went to DEFON II status, China announced it had 650,000,000 men and women ready to help the Cubans, on Black Sunday two of the three needed officers on the Soviet submarine B-59 decided to fire their nuclear torpedoes at the U.S. Navy and were only stopped by Vasili Arkhipov. On the same day Soviet MIGS and F-102 fighters with nuclear air-to-air missiles faced each other over the Bering Sea.

On top of that in 1961 a B-52 bomber broke up over N. Carolina killing three crew members and releasing an armed atomic bomb 260 times as powerful as the one that destroyed Hiroshima. It failed to detonate only due to a failed low voltage switch.
    That is a reason or two, among others, why.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What do you mean with type 1 civilization?

18. uptighthippie

uptighthippie Member

that's terrifying I would have had to put my life on the line, I didn't know about all that!
    type one civilization is like on the way to star trek life, free from war and no more hurting the Earth with pollution.

19. Logan 5

And that's just a few. Back in the 90's (IIRC) a fighter jet was taken from Nellis (IIRC) by a USAF pilot, and it had a couple tactical nukes on board. That crashed in the Rockies. They were recovered. Back in the early 80's a B1 lost several "packages", IOW nukes, over SE Wyoming. They were found, of course. There have been so many accidents that the public simply doesn't know about...and if they did they'd crap their pants.

As for fear, when I was a kid I was either terrified because my mom was on another suicidal rampage or I was getting beat up by one of her boy friends. I didn't have time for fear.

20. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster