Say WHAT?!?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fyrenza, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Gardener, please tell me you were kidding. Please! This was NOT a party the nation needed. The complete opposite, in fact. We don't need a party, we need jobs. Stop being so blind. The economy does not need a boost from the government and it's wasteful spending. Sure, some people got jobs, but they would have been better off not having to pay for the party and we could have kept that 170 Billion dollars.

Obama's wasteful spending is going to be HORRID for America and our economy. Can anyone tell me of 1 good result when the Federal Government stepped in and spent a bunch of money

2. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Wow, you aren't very good at math, are you. You said that a 1/4 of the expenses were covered by the Feds. OK, lets say that's true. That basically equals what Bush paid for his inaguration party. So when you say that pressed_rat was pulling a little party trick, you said "nice try", you don't realize that what the Feds paid for this one would have covered Bush's party totaly. Now, what the Feds didn't pay, DC had to cover. That is still taxpayer coin.

Less spending by government will mean more spending by us.

3. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Hey Pressed Rat, Fyrenze and Aristartle. All y'all need to chill out. These insults and stuff aren't good for anyone. Just because Ari has his politics hat on sideways doesn't necessarily mean that he is retarded. Be nice children. I am going to go apologize to zoomie now, cause I called him an idiot a while back.

4. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

You are getting your billions and millions mixed up.
    No it wouldn't. Read through the thread again. The OP has the wrong numbers, a comparison on the wrong basis, and fabricated newspaper headlines, as has already been pointed out.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Obama Will Never Read This THREAD....