Say Goodbye to Our Democracy and Freedoms

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by erofant, Jul 1, 2021.

1. erofant

erofant Members

Given that the newest REPUBLICAN-PLACED "Supreme Court" (???) "justices" (???) that the Federalist Society wedged into that formerly respectable body have given their one-sided, pre-determined blessing to more and more restrictive election laws ................ we have now LOST, to a large degree, what the Voting Rights Act long ago guaranteed. The 6 to 3 ruling (ALL 6 were REPUBLICAN-PLACED "justices") gutted most of what the VRA was safeguarding for ALL voters.

THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has established the framework of an autocratic dictatorship / one ruling party ............. just like Russia, China, Syria, North Korea, Iran, and several other countries around the world. They have carefully placed extreme right-wing people in positions of judges (to make whatever they - THE REPUBLICAN PARTY do - "legal") by their predetermined rubber-stamp votes. They have also gerrymandered - and continue to do so - voting districts nationwide so it's almost impossible for anyone other than a REPUBLICAN to win in elections. So they have effectively secured lifelong power and control over EVERYTHING. You have NO SAY ANYMORE in who you want as leaders in this country.

Name a country anywhere on earth that has been LOCKED into such a political system where the avg. citizen thrived and flourished. Go ahead .......... I'll wait ............................................................................................

ANY
    dissenting person or opposing voices are either thrown in prison or executed / murdered. What happens in Russia, China, North Korea, Syria, & Iran if some brave person dares to stand up to or speak out against the autocratic dictator??? They're thrown in prison or killed. Look at how many brave souls Putin has killed or poisoned - even in other countries!!! Look how many thousands of Chinese citizens were slaughtered when they dared to speak up (Tiannenmin [sp?]Square against the Communist Dictator there. How many in Syria have been slaughtered by Bashir Al-Assad because they disagreed with his autocratic, dictatorial rule?? One-party rule DOES NOT work!!!!!! The ruler always secures the military to protect him by bribing them and giving them nice houses, food, etc. It's history repeating itself ................ HERE!!!!!! Workers in such countries are treated poorly and have their rights taken away (much like THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has been busy doing to American workers by weakening OSHA, and stripping workers' rights to organize and form unions, negotiate as a group for good pay & benefits, safe workplaces, etc.) If you think I'm joking about anti-worker moves by THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ........... In Iowa, a politician was just tossed out (by REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS) because the "business community" didn't like that the person spoke FOR workers' rights after they were injured at work.

This is what we're leaving for our kids and grandkids. A future that looks just like Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Syria, and other autocratic dictatorships. They don't want to consolidate ALL POWER to share it with the citizens who may choose to vote them out. They RIG THE SYTEM so they can't lose ............. and place "justices" in courts who put their "rubber stamp of approval" on all their political power-grabbing.

Say goodbye to the U.S.A as we have known it. I give the U.S maybe 20 more years to survive - if we aren't attacked by Russia or China before that. (note all the military muscle-flexing by Russia and China worldwide??) All the U.S lives lost fighting for freedom in our military ......... to leave THIS shithole autocratic system for the future????????????

Toker, RIJACO, scratcho and 1 other person like this.
  2. erofant

erofant Members

Name a country or empire where a one-party / one ruler system shared power and decision-making with all it's citizens???????

This is what THE REPUBLICAN PARTY is doing here in the U.S.A. - despite .................. ironically ................. "claiming" to adhere to our Constitution - which was set up to PREVENT such one-party / one person autocratic rule !!!!!!!!!!!! It's the VERY REASON our country was founded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One party / one person rule by ANY side is not smart, because human nature tends to want to set oneself up for permanent power, riches, and luxury ....................... no matter the cost to others.

Why can about half our U.S. citizens not see this??????????

RIJACO and scratcho like this.
  3. erofant

erofant Members

I just read a scary article on MSN news concerning voting rights and the influence of HUGE MONEY that can't be traced. Here's the link below - and I hope in the interest of freedom, the mods allow it to remain.

www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-revenge-of-john-roberts/ar-AALVK6k?li=BBorjTa

For those who can't see the forest for the trees (recognize) the destruction of democracy ............. this should dispel any thoughts of, " ........ of - that'll never happen here." It's ALREADY HAPPENING, right here in the U.S.A.

scratcho likes this.
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Agree with you completely erofant. It's been a damn decent ride for most of us old folks, being white , being tall , being reasonable looking , and having a manageable grasp of american english. Just speaking for myself, of course on some of that. Others have had their own experiences of course. I did just about whatever I wanted , when I wanted and said WHAT I wanted. That's probably going to end.

snowtiggernd, erofant and granite45 like this.
  5. erofant

erofant Members

I agree, Scratcho. The way things are going today, anyone who doesn't drink the (modern-day) REPUBLICAN KOOL- ADE will be outcasts, attacked with violence, and possibly thrown in prison (or executed as T**** wants for those who disagree with today's REPUBLICAN FASCIST PROPAGANDA) for not submitting to "the Party's rule."

The thing that scares the hell out of me is the fact that soooooo many Americans CANNOT see what's happening here. T**** wouldn't give any of them the sweat off his n*t sac, but they bought his lies that he'd bring back good-paying jobs to the U.S, give them "the best healthcare" and make everyone's lives "all better again." NOW the REPUBLICAN PARTY has welded itself to T**** and his FASCIST dreams .......... with "the base" skipping right along to the T**** / REPUBLICAN racist, fascist tune.

Being white (I'm white also) doesn't make you a saint or even a good person - just by your skin color. It's what's INSIDE that counts. I know a good number of GREAT black people & Latino people - of various ages. Being non-white DOES NOT make a person automatically bad or untrustworthy. Way too many get painted (wrongly) with a broad brush.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Jesus.

How "united" are we today??

scratcho likes this.
  6. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Big money in Politics + Citizens United +Trump's Supreme Court Judges + MAGA + GOP = THE END OF EQUALITY, DEMOCRACY, THE CONSTITUTION , THE RULE OF LAW AND PROSPERITY....

VOTE BLUE IN 2024 !!!!

scratcho, MeAgain and granite45 like this.
  7. Coachdb18

Coachdb18 Members

looters.jpg Hunter on crack.jpg

Yea, like we really need any more of THIS?

8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am sorry but the US is hardly a one party state. Some localaites are. Overreach gets checked.

Just look at what happened to the Jan 6th rioters.

9. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Republicans have evolved into a group that seeks power by LCS…Lie, Cheat and Steal

1. We have a Supreme Court that exists as is because a R Senator denied Obama s legitimate nomination.

2. Congressional and State house elections In Wisconsin, North Carolina, Louisiana etc systematically deny minority and urban representation by using gerrymandered maps…and the R s want to keep doing it.

3. Corporations are “people”…..and money can be dumped into the elective process by any means possible.

4. They use a captive media stable and propaganda to grossly distort reality.

5. They use religious bigotry instead of science.

6. Banning books and restrictions on education are second nature.

7. Their response to the 2020 election is just plain obscene.

8. And in the face of withering mass murder events the response is “more guns”

Democracy…Hah. It’s not populism, its page by page from the fascist manifesto. And it’s going to take all the energy we can muster to effect a true renaissance of democracy and responsibility in a civil nation.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    tjr1964, RIJACO, Toker and 2 others like this.
  10. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

It certainly feels like the world is changing to a communist dictatorship under one rule. We all know that fails horribly!

11. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

NYDN_20front_20page.0.jpg 1boukx.jpg
    Seems like your Orange Messiah is about to be prosecuted ....
    Coach, you are living in a Mass Psychosis

bisexualmg, scratcho and granite45 like this.
  12. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Well, the GOP has gone Fascist and anti America and the Dems are the only rational Pro American party.
    Face it, you don't have the numbers to win in a fair election.

13. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Exactly, the GOP no longer have the numbers to win in a fair Elections.

bisexualmg likes this.
  14. bisexualmg

bisexualmg Members

They have no other way to win. If Biden doesn't learn to play dirty we are well land truly screwed. No that Citizens United didn't effectively change the USA to an oligarchy anyway. Time to move to that equatorial warm island

Toker likes this.
  15. bisexualmg

bisexualmg Members

Not even communist, it's fascism pure and simple

Josephinelcajon and Toker like this.
  16. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Yes, fascists don't wanna share their spoils.
    Only motivated by greed and power.