Saw Kill Bill, didn't like it

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 12, 2004.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I haven't been too impressed with a lot of Lynch's more recent work. Mulholland Drive didn't do much for me. What did you think of it?

2. joe

joe Banned

i saw both, on free bootlegged good quality copies

Kill bill was alright, it reminded me watching a bunch of samurai fighting movies
    im not really interested in many new movies or movies by him, i didnt like Pulp fiction or resevoir dogs, Natural born killers caught my attention, but i like insane shit.

Kill bill Vol.2, same shit and she kills bill
    Nothing special, not a movie for people that like their eyes in their head

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I liked mulholland drive. I thought it painted hollywood in a creepy light. It seemed to play into the seedy past of the town itself.

I didn´t like Lost Highway at all though. I thought it was a bit too vague, even for him.

I loved Fire Walk With Me but I guess thats a bit older.

4. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

I honestly was never interested in seeing either one of the "Kill Bill" movies.

5. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I really liked the show Twin Peaks and I've been meaning to watch Eraserhead for a while now.

6. seamonster66

Speaking of minimal film making, is anyone into Jim Jarmusch. His first film, Stranger than Paradise, was filmed on black and white film stubs he was able to buy cheap. He´s made many good films since then like Mystery Train, Night on Earth, and Ghost Dog.

EDIT: and Dead Man!

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I love Jim Jarmusch so much! I've seen all of his movies and I own Dead Man! They are all so great! I am excited someone else likes him too.

8. seamonster66

Along with Devo, Akron,Ohios finest export, unless you count all the car tires made in America until the 80´s.

I hope we see a resurgence in American independant and creative film making, some young blood.

9. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

I saw it, and was severely dissapointed. From what everyone was telling me, I thought it was going to be a great movie. But it stunk.

10. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I hope so too. Some Independent films can be really pretentious, but some are just so brilliant.

11. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i saw the first kill bill movie...

because, i heard so many things about it and some good.

i have always liked terrantino flicks like four rooms and resovour dogs...but kill bill...

well, let me say it this way.

dan and i watch a lot of movies.

it takes A LOT for us to turn off a movie before it's finished and not watch the rest before it's due back.

we did that with this movie- by my request but he didnt care.

i thought it was horrible and im dissapointed that quentin would stoop to this level.... he seemed to be above that.

i still love many (all) of his older movies but just damn.... that sucks that he made this movie and then a sequel.

12. sila

sila Member

I must say kill bill was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.

13. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

the only other movies that i can remember shutting off before it was over recently were

cruel intentions 2,

the apocolitz (how ever it's spelled).

the texas chain saw massacre

and one other which i have since i started this...forgotten.

14. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yeah, I liked Four Rooms as well. It's actually the only Tarantino I have actually seen, although I have seen bits and pieces of other of his movies.

15. metro

metro self-banned

I was thinking of seeing it just because of all the hype, but now I doubt if I will. The previews did not appeal to me at all, I was wondering why it was so popular. Doesn't sound too good.

16. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Just like them last two Matrix movies. I know Tarantino didn't make the Matrix.....but I hope you know what I mean, even if you dont agree.

17. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

I agree, I think both the second two matrix movies and kill bill both sucked balls. Why can't these hollywood fuckers ever think of an original idea for a movie?? All the movies that have come out in the past few years have been remakes of older works, e.g. Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, The Hulk, Star Wars, i could go on here but I think you get the point..

18. didge

didge Member

i saw em both, and i gotta say, i loved em.
    tarantino is the only director i know of, that truely lets women kick ass.
    i loved it!

i think, that 'desperado', and ' once apon a time in mexico' are stupid hollywoodised movies, no decent storyline, packed with special effects, bla bla.

i love tarantinos work, and have yet ta see a bad movie of his.

yo! you guys.

have yaz seen

City of God????

Has to be the best film ive seen in years!!

19. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i saw the first one but it was so stupid it had abosultely no point in it just some lady getting raped in the hospital then here trying to kill some1 in my opinion a really stupid movie it didnt even have a script id have to say 95% of the words in the movies consistsed of fuck,shit,god,dam,bitch,slut,prick,ass hole etc........ any ways i fell asleep thourhg it half way through its a gay ass movie

20. hiro

hiro pursue it

Rat I totally agree with you about Kill Bill. It makes me happy to hear that someone else feels the way I do.