Saw 2 [[SPOILER WARNING]]

Discussion in 'Movies' started by peaceband_chick, Oct 30, 2005.

1. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

I'd just like to hear what everyone thought about it. I enjoyed it. One thing that I didn't get though is on the tape when Jigsaw is telling them they have something in common, he also said something about 'over the rainbow'. I haven't figured out what the deal was with that.

I just think it was funny that John/Jigsaw told Detective Matthews if he followed the rules, he would find his son in ' a safe, secure place', or something like that. And he was telling the truth. His son was in a 'safe' secure place.

Also, when Amanda and Daniel were escaping into the trapdoor in the floor, they pan over to Jonas body, and you CLEARLY see a syringe by his hand. Where did that come from? I don't think Jonas had it, and they didn't get the safe open, so they didn't come from there. Was it under the safe, and then we see it when they moved the safe over?

2. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

Has anyone else seen it?
    I liked it. The first 3 minutes were predictable, it was too similar to the first movie. But from then on, it's all different. I liked the irony of the pre-recorded victims, while the FBI is scrambling to look for them. All he had to do was sit and talk to get his son back alive the whole time.
    It has the same kind of twist at the end as the first one, but different person.
    It's definitely way more gory. Way more. eghgh
    What did you guys think?

3. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I havent seen it yet.. I was unsure weather it would be good or not.. But I will go now after reading your post

4. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Considering we know who jigsaw is and how everything works, Saw II can't be like SAW.

Saw was interesting cause we saw two guys wake up in some kind of cell and start trying to figure out what is going on and who put em there, etc.

We know who the killer is, we know the setup. Suspense totally gone.

5. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

Well the thing with Saw II is that it's not just about the people stuck in the room playing 'the game'. It's also about one of the cops on the case of Jigsaw. Once they find Jigsaw/John, he (the cop) then finds out that his teenage son is one of the people trapped in 'the game'. He then starts going crazy trying to figure out how to find a way to get his son out of there. The movie flips back and forth from the father's story to the people trapped. Also it's interesting that Amanda, the almost victim of the reverse bear trap from the first Saw is again trapped in the sequel.

I thought it was as good as the original. There are nice little twists along the way, that even if it's not you favorite, is worth seeing.

6. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

That Amanda chick has the nicest tits I've ever seen. God, she's hot.

Saw II ruled. Fucking loved it. Except Danny Lohner should've mixed the soundtrack again.

7. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I'll definately see it, to get some more ideas.

8. Silly Angel

Silly Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Caught it yesterday. Definately worth the $4 I paid. And I think the suspense factor was definately there. And how many times did you guys say, "What the fuck??" during it? I lost count myself. Did you guys also see the trailer for the new movie Hostel? I think it's a Tarentino, which makes me want to see it, but wow, it looks like a little too much. I dunno. I'll probably end up seeing it and just cringing a whole lot.

9. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

What's 'Hostel' about? Is it horror like 'Saw'?

10. TheLittleOne

Woah, how did you get your post above mine??
    Yea i never figured out the 'over the rainbow' comment. And I didn't catch the random syringe. oh well.
    and yea, i want to see "hostel" too. it looks as gory as saw2

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i'm thinking the 'over the rainbow' comment meant the order for the safe. from what i remember, each number on the necks was a different color, so put those numbers in the order of a rainbow and you get the combination...thats what i'm guessing, or maybe i'm just seeing something totally different, but my friends agree with it, so yea...

12. TheLittleOne

that makes sense

13. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

So in other words they never make it.

That saved me $10

14. Silly Angel

Nothing in this thread gave away what happens in the movie. Still a lot of shock factor, trust me.

Hostel is about torture.

[size=-1]HOSTEL is an amalgamation of many of terrifying things about human nature and the world at large, culled from lots of pulpy-but-true stories of international organized crime, human trafficking, and sex tourism. Relentlessly graphic and deeply disturbing, the film is rife with explicit sex and brutal violence that may delight hard core genre fans, and prove difficult to stomach for general audiences.

Stars Jay Hernandez...which should be interesting since he's usually a goody-goody.

[/size]

15. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

i really liked the movie, but i really didnt like at the end, how they had to go over the whole fucking movie again to explain the story, as if the audience is uncapable/unwilling to put any thought into what they have just seen.

16. Ann-Akim

Ann-Akim Member

ideas? what you mean?

17. Silly Angel

hehehe

18. Ann-Akim

Ann-Akim Member

what a Silly angel indeed...

19. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

Hmm, I didn't even think of the colored numbers. It does make sense though. Thanks much.

Still don't know about that syringe by Jonas body....

20. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Honestly, people, this movie was lousy. I wish I wouldn't have wasted the hour and half I spent watching this thing. Complete shit, really. Predictable and cheesy as hell.