Saved by grace through faith

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by barefootconservative, Jul 21, 2019.

1. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Hey my brothers and sisters in Christ. I am a new convert to Christ after 19 years of depravity, He sovereignly chose to save me from eternity separated from Him.

It started like this:
    I was raised Roman Catholic. Which never taught me the truth about God or salvation. Ultimately the Catholic Church and her false doctrine led to my falling away for many years. Complete falling away. Not knowing if there was a God, and if so, which one.

Until I became aware of the existence of demons. And an evil presence in my house. So I started seeking God to help ease my nerves during the night. Then, when I was no leer afraid to walk into my house in broad daylight, I knew there was a God.

So I continued nurturing my Catholic faith. But God had other plans. Rather than let me be deceived, He arranged for me to receive a gospel tract that explained my need for a savior and what I must do to be saved.

I obeyed, and was saved. Then there was the matter of my Catholicity. Through the scriptures, God showed me the incredible errors in Catholic doctrine. So ultimately I left.

I've been saved for almost a year now. There is much to be learned, much to be cut off from my life, much to be gained through Him.

Hallelujah, Jesus is Lord!

2. Christ is King

barefootconservative likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

4. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

If you're serious about this shift of yours and haven't heard of the prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi I'd highly suggest looking it up man. In my opinion it sums up the most Christlike way of being.

Here is a song which sums up the prayer quite nicely.

5. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

If you want to REALLY know the whole goal of being christlike, why not look to Christ himself? Read the book of John for starters and learn about Jesus.

6. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Alright man forget I said anything. Tho perhaps you may want to consider keeping those assumptions in check. Not everything is as it appears.