Satan's Powers?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by skip, May 12, 2007.

1. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

I'm not saying you're right here in the case of Hippychick - I don't know enough to judge - but there is a propensity in some to see christianity as the one and only evil - which is simply not the case. It isn't to my liking at all, and I think we'd be better off if it disappeared, but there are many other things just as bad. Nazism is certainly one example. You'd probably be far worse off under the Nazis than in modern christian countries like the US.
    Islam is much, much worse, and represents a much bigger threat than c/anity IMO.

2. mandell

mandell Banned

[​IMG]

Uhm, not exactly. Hitler was in fact, blessed by the German Church.

[​IMG]

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

These quotes are from wikipedia's page on Hitler's Religious Beliefs

As you can see he used Christianity when it suited him...

So saying Hitler was not a Christian and that Nazism had nothing to do with Christianity is clearly A REVISIONIST LIE!

I'm guessing Hitler allowed the use of the swastika because the Church wouldn't allow him to use the cross as an emblem!

4. mandell

mandell Banned

Miss Terain, clearly, you lost that "Hitler was not a Christian argument" again.

Two down. :) LOL.

5. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Winston Churchill was probably more a 'christian' than Hitler, whom he rightly dubbed 'the nazi beast'.

Once more, I think it is really a case of which books/websites you look at regarding Hitler's 'religion'.
    Myself I don't see Hitler as the religious type. If he had been, he would probably have made a very good preacher with his communication skills.

6. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

With Adolf, not Jesus or even jealous jehova as god.

The SS even had their own pagan cultus going. Do you think Himmler was a christian too?

7. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Was Adolf's Hero and fellow anti-semite Wagner a christian? He was certainly a big influence on Hitler, and the content of Wagner's operas is hardly christian - it all comes from the pre-chistian Teutonic/Norse mythologies. Yet it is well known that Wagner was Hitler's favourite, and the first performances of his music in modern Israel proveked massive outcry from halocaust survivors etc.

Also, the nazis were heavily influenced by the German philosopher Nietzche, who was vehemently anti-christian - some say they distorted his ideas, but certainly his ideas of 'the superman' 'the will to power' and so on seem to have had more practical influence on the direction in which things were moving under the nazis.

Maybe Hitler did have some vague 'christian' notions somewhere - but I don't think c/anity, other than in it's anti-semitic attitude had much influence.
    Even the way in which the nazis were presented had more to do with the genius of Albert Speer and Leni Raesenfal (spelling !!) than Hitlers' youthful appreciation of catholic ritual.

8. skip

skip Founder Administrator

You sure about that? I thought it was an offshoot of Judaism. After all they don't include the Old Testament in their book for nothing...

yes, Xtianity did steal a lot from paganism, esp. holidays, symbols, rituals. But that's only because MOST of the people the Church FORCED to become Christians were pagan. So they had to adopt something from their beliefs otherwise they wouldn't convert.

But other than that, paganism is antithetical to Christianity.

9. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Fedup, I admire that you can admit when you are wrong. That is a rare trait found in these forums.

So what if Hitler's favorite composer was a non-Christian? That has jack shit to do with Hitler's personal beliefs, which were beliefs in Christ. My favorite singer Kurt Cobain hated hippies and yet I am a hippie. So what?

I guess what I am saying is that it looks like you are streching to substantiate your personal position. Maybe you might be in the WRONG on this point. Hitler was a Christian, and he was mentally ill. Do you know what syphillus does to your brain when it reaches it? Your brain ends up looking like swiss cheese. Morals (the area of your brain which controls morals) goes first. That's why Hitler was so deranged, never mind the history of mental illness in his family and his meth addiction.

Peace and love

10. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

So - Hitler then worshipped a man whom he considered sub-human ? Because don't forget, Jesus was a Jew - It doesn't add up.

11. hippie_chick666

Hitler's logic doesn't make sense b/c of the many reasons I've already given.

Peace and love

12. misterrain

misterrain Banned

You present facts which clearly state that Hitler had absolutely no interest in Christianity, and that the Nazis practiced odd non-Christian rituals, and that Hitler only pretended to be Christian in order to gain some publicity photos and to make Nazism easier for the Christian people to accept, and then you go ahead and say that Nazism is connected to Christianity.

Lots of people claim to be things that they're not in order to get what they want... much like FedUpAmerican claims to be interested in a genuine discussion in order to have a place to post his anti-Christian propaganda, and the hipforums administrator claims to be interested in peace and love, and yet allows this guy to antagonize Christian members to the extent that they need a separate space on the boards.

13. hippie_chick666

Yet there is evidence in Hitler's writings that he WAS christian? Once again, how does this relate to Satan's powers?

Peace and love

14. hippie_chick666

15. hippie_chick666

Let's ignore these personal jabs and focus on the issues at hand.

Satan has no power because he exists just like Zeus does. In other words, he doesn't exist!

Peace and love

16. misterrain

misterrain Banned

The reason I keep bringing you up is because I don't like that you're allowed to come here and make people feel bad about what they believe. I also think you're nothing but a bully who is less interested in actually having an intelligent discussion than provoking an emotional reaction.

I think it's terrible that you've been allowed to carry on like this, constantly hurting people and antagonizing Christians because they're an easy target... especially here, since nobody seems particularly interested in sticking up for them.

I keep bringing you up because people like you need to be challenged and exposed for what they are-- sad, angry and confused individuals who have never actually looked at themselves and wondered if they're really doing the right thing. Who have never really thought about whether or not they're a good person or not... and who may or may not realize that they've become cold, frustrated, and bitter.

17. hippie_chick666

Did you ignore my previous post, misterrain?

Peace and love

18. hippie_chick666

Kind of like Voodoo, it only works when you believe.

Peace and love

19. misterrain

misterrain Banned

yes

20. hippie_chick666

At least you are honest. Why are you attacking instead of debating?

Peace and love