Satan's Powers?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by skip, May 12, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Guess you couldn't be BOTHERED to read my statement that the swastika was a
    SYMBOL OF GOOD LUCK AND SUCCESS.

And that meaning was more important to the Nazis than the DOZENS of cultures & religions that used it.

'nuf said.

Got it?

2. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

There was no link between Hitler and Buddhism. The Buddhist swastika is bent in the opposite direction than the Nazi symbol.

Peace and love

3. hippie_chick666

4. mandell

mandell Banned

5. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Hindus too use the swastika a lot (probably that's where the Buddhists got it from) - again, there's no connection to the Nazis.
    It's only in western culture that it has become a symbol of evil.

6. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Mr. Crowley said it a symbol of dynamic creative enrgy - you have to imagine it whirling round to get the impression of what he meant and why he was undoubtedly correct.

7. mandell

mandell Banned

I like the analogy of the Nazi swastika symbol to that of energy whirling around.
    Reminds me of atoms of gas swirling around inside a gas chamber. Hmmm...

8. misterrain

misterrain Banned

My point isn't that it's a symbol of Buddhism (though it does have a connection, and I'm sure that the Nazis were aware of that connection). I'm not saying Hitler was a Buddhist.

My point is that it's NOT CHRISTIAN... and in fact, seems to be MORE CONNECTED to non-Christian religions than to Christianity...

Therefore, it seems very unlikely that Hitler was a Christian.

Also, it connects to the fact that HITLER WAS INTERESTED IN ANCIENT PAGAN RELIGIONS-- why? Because he was actually AT ODDS with Christianity!!!!

9. misterrain

misterrain Banned

Also, I brought up Stalin because I'm saying that a nation without religion can still commit some of the most evil acts in human history.

10. mandell

mandell Banned

You see, Miss Terain, if you couldn't even get your facts straight about the Nazi swastika symbol.

Why should anyone believe you?
    Why even believe yourself for that matter. :)

Unless, you enjoy believing in your own delusions. : )

11. hippie_chick666

Did you read my link? Probably not, so I will copy and paste it straight from the source.

"In the Western world, the symbol experienced a resurgence following the archaeological work in the late 19th century of Heinrich Schliemann, who discovered the symbol in the site of ancient Troy and associated it with the ancient migrations of Proto-Indo-Europeans. He connected it with similar shapes found on ancient pots in Germany, and theorized that the swastika was a "significant religious symbol of our remote ancestors," linking Germanic, Greek and Indo-Iranian cultures.[1][2] By the early 20th century it was widely used worldwide and was regarded as a symbol of good luck and success.

The work of Schliemann soon became intertwined with the völkisch movements, for which the swastika was a symbol of "Aryan" identity, a concept that came to be equated by theorists like Alfred Rosenberg with a Nordic master race originating in northern Europe. Since its adoption by the Nazi Party of Adolf Hitler, the swastika has been associated with fascism, racism (white supremacy), World War II, and the Holocaust in much of the West. The swastika remains a core symbol of Neo-Nazi groups, and is also regularly used by activist groups to signify the supposed Nazi-like behavior of organizations and individuals they oppose"

Hitler didn't "invent" the use of the swastika for Aryan people. His predecessors did.

Peace and love

12. hippie_chick666

Stalin and Hitler were two mentally deranged men with serious health and mental disorders. That is why they commited the crimes they did. It had nothing to do with "Satan's influence."

Peace and love

13. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Crowley's definition was written prior to the Nazi halocaust.

14. misterrain

misterrain Banned

And WHERE did I say that it did? I'm not arguing that irreligiousness is evil, but that Christianity isn't evil.

15. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

The idea that Adolf was a christian is really a bit ridiculous. He was born a catholic, but that means nothing.
    As you say, his interest in the occult and paganism, the old gods and so on is well documented.

I'd say there is absolutely no connection between the swastika and christianity.
    Christians have thier own symbol of evil anyway in the christian cross.

16. misterrain

misterrain Banned

YES!!! Thank you so much for listening!!!

This is what I'm getting at... that Hitler was interested in shedding Christianity in favour of Germany's pagan ancestry... thereby toppling the whole 'Hitler was a Christian' argument!!!

17. Hobes

Hobes Member

reefer madness clearly states it is done through mj

18. hippie_chick666

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread was called "Satan's powers." Maybe I got confused...

Peace and love

19. misterrain

misterrain Banned

Because I obviously said that he invented it to use as a symbol of evil Nazi Germany.

You're so blinded by your unfair stereotyping of Christians that it has completely destroyed your ability to see me as anything but another irrational and ignorant component of something you hate.

20. misterrain

misterrain Banned

I think so. Sorry!!!