Satan... biblical hero?

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Lodui, Jan 19, 2005.

1. m6m

m6m Member

N'sA,

I wish there were more people like yourself interested in these essential but over-looked questions, because our survival may depend upon it.

No matter how improbable space alien origins of civilization sounds, I can not reject the possibility of such origins no matter how unlikely.

And if someday, an unlikely space alien were to land and present convincing physical evidence that they were responsible for the origins of civilization, then I would be the first to denounce them for their crime.

However, the more I've been shown the biological roots of the human psyche, and the psycho-dynamics of human behavior, the more it appears that human behavior is in essence a biological response triggered by environmental stimuli.

Satan's seduction of Eve is an allegory.

The real catalist for our neurotic preoccupation with death was neither God nor Satan, but the environmental collapse that turned the green and fertile Middle East into a desert.

What the allegory of Satan in The Garden of Eden does tell us is that, when we surrender to our effeminate fears, we are easily seduced into a dualistic good and evil knowledge of constant objectification that alienates us from life itself.

That's the meaning of Satan; seduction into a dualistic objectifying state of knowledge that alienates us from life itself.

Ego is the hub of consciousness and can not be lost, but in an enlightened state, the Ego no longer reacts as if our survival and reproduction is threatened.

In other words, in a non-threatening social environment, the Ego no longer needs to constantly deceive competitors.

Remember, amongst primates, psychological deception is our most effective survival and reproductive strategy, and our Ego's job within our psyche is our survival and reproduction.

As primates we inherited a reactionary monkey mind; then as homo-sapiens we evolved a wholistic mind; only to revert back to the reactionary monkey mind of civilization when hit by the massive environmental collapse ten-thousand years ago.

Long before that fall, humanity's behavioral adaptability enabled us to evolve into a fearless Edenic communalistic society that was more cooperative than competitive, and more egalitarian than hierarchical.

Apparently we lived in that wholistic Edenic state of nature far longer than we have lived in this alienated civilized state of knowledge.

Satan's seduction of Eve is an allegory describing how we were seduced from our wholistic state of nature, back to our primeval reactionary monkey-mind.

The propounderance of geological evidence suggests that the last great retreat of the glaciers created a dramatic climate shift that triggered a sudden and dramatic environmental collapse in the Middle East ten-thousand years ago.

I like Terence McKenna alot, but even if it turns out that Psilocyben has extra-terrestial origins, I don't feel that means that our death-fear is extra-terrestial.

Because neither Psilocyben nor even Cannabis creates the fear we experience, but merely brings to the surface our existing and chronic fears and insecurities by piercing the Ego deceptions that repress and hide those continuous fears from us in everyday life.

They are not the source of those fears and insecurities that lie behind our deceptions, but a valuable tool for those who want to pierce our everyday Ego deceptions.

That's why in a patriarchal culture psycho-active substances are illegal, because they threaten to reveal the delusions and denials of our patriarchal psychosis.

Biological evolution.

However, I am not an Atheist.

I have to believe in our Gods as very real concepts, because we spend so much time and energy fabricating our god concepts to serve our psychological needs.

Perfection is relative, but our reversion back to the reactionary monkey mind is a psychological and hopefully temporary behavioral adaptation.

True, the neurological patterns that our behavior stimulates are electro-chemical, and thus truly physical, and that can be interpreted as a biological de-evolution.

However, neuro-cognitive behavioralism is an invasive aproach to human psychology that has proven successfull in changing entrenched behavioral patterns, but one must stay on their medications.

Otherwise, the ten-thousand year psycho-dynamic of civilization has a powerful self-perpetuating momentum, and if it continues much longer, the future will not be a pretty picture.

The Industrial Revolution is an example of the explosive psycho-dynamic power that our repressed neurotic preoccupations can manifest in this world through our neuro-cognitive imagination.

The Neolithic Revolution, as archeologists call the origins of civilization, was likewise an explosive expression of our repressed neurotic preoccupations stimulated by a dramatic environmental collapse.

2. Nimrod's Apprentice

Nimrod's Apprentice Member

So then, would you say were still feeding off this environment upheavel catalyst?
    You have covered pretty much every point with a deeply imbedded psychological explaination. Props goose

I just don't think the climate change did this to us.

Ill argue aliens or psilocybin, but the reaction to a climate shift just doesn't have enough facts to justify.

Plus then Neanderthal would still be around because they lived in southern Europe to the Caucasus, while Homo Erectus dominated the Mid east and north east Africa.

3. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Nimrod

That. occam will not tollerate.
    Shut up means. that which u hear is true.. and u dont want to hear 'true'.

U crap in your own house. For themnax is a free thinker and a friend.
    He speaks only of the least damage we can do as a species.
    Of the least pain we can cause as human beings
    A compassionate human. One of the few.

Your comment is inexcusable and requires an appology.
    what say u?

Occam

4. Nimrod's Apprentice

Dude he said this thread should'nt be here.

Thats why I said shutup.

It was a perfectly good time to use it.

Sorry to you and Themnax though.

You should address some of my issues, Occam.

If he wants to play administrator he desevers a "shut up"

No one else seemed to have a problem with this thread being where it is.

5. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

He is correct.
    satan and the bible are religious topics. Why are religious sect beliefs argued in the agnostic forum? [because no religion wants to be in a slot.. they want to own them all. Their truth is the ONLY truth...lol]

Occam does not address your issues because they are not issues.
    They are your personal beliefs.
    Your all fired up that humanity is the product of alien intervention.
    And while occam is an avid SF reader. He just does not see it.
    No more verification than a religion. You want your truth to be the only truth.
    But you have run into a problem...other people.

Occam

6. Nimrod's Apprentice

Man Ill slice through you with your razor occam.

I know yo SHIT dawg.

You think you all big timing.

Just one question. What do you think was the catalyst that drove humanity into hyper evolution?