Sapiosexuals.

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by *MAMA*, Jul 13, 2013.

1. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Anyone else identify as sapiosexual?

Definition of*sapiosexuality*:.

(s-p--sk-shü-l'-t)1.*(n.) A behavior of becoming attracted to or aroused by intelligence and its use.Origins:*From the Latin root*sapien, wise or intelligent, and Latin*sexualis, relating to the sexes.

2. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

YES.

Smart is fucking sexy.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm attracted to,but not aroused by. On second thought--I lied.

4. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Intelligence in itself doesn't arouse me. The way I perceive it is that it may make a person more attractive/desirable from the intellectual standpoint, but that and how beautiful his/her soul is, or how sexually appealing he/she is, are separate things. Of course, to each his/her own..... :)

5. *MAMA*

There's definitely a lot of different factors that go into what makes a person attractive. Intelligence will always be top of the list for me though.

That's not saying I'm attracted to EVERY intelligent person I meet.

6. *MAMA*

That's pretty much accurate lol. I get bored with people easily, and if they can't stimulate me intellectually, they sure as hell won't be stimulating me any other way.

Then again, people who are arrogant know-it-alls are also a big turn off.

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

ohmygod! ^ I am like that 1000%...have done that more than once (or twice). ;)

8. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I have a friend who acts like an oddball child, but she's among the most intelligent people I've ever met. She just doesn't let on that fact because she's always putting on a false front with the way she acts and what she says. It's almost like she doesn't WANT others to know she's intelligent. Maybe she's doing that because she realizes others are stupider than she is, lol.

The opposite, well, the stupid ones who appear to be intelligent...... We see many of these people everywhere: in governments, law enforcement, among entertainment industry corporate types, even here on HF, lol.

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Count me in!

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Intelligence is definately sexy.

11. kairilove

kairilove Member

Oh yes! Intelligence makes a world of difference in how attractive someone is, especially if it is a repeat encounter.

I have had my share of flings with some real Einsteins, and even if they are stellar in bed the light reflecting from their eyes and shining out both ears is too distracting to develop beyond a one night stand. :rolleyes:

I like partners who can make my body scream, not my brain cry out in agony.

12. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

It's how a guy that looks like this can be totally fucking hot (with the right, script in this case)

OM NOM Sherlock!
    [​IMG]

13. *MAMA*

Totally. It's not like I would get all hot and bothered by someone reciting the period table of the elements. I just find it extremely attractive when they're smarter than the average bear.

Indeed!

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

No, it just makes you weird.

15. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I find it a turn off. I enjoy myself better with dumb fucks, drop outs, losers, hustlers, whores & thugs than I do with people who consider themselves intellectual.

16. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Ain't that the truth...there is one person on here who is the stupidest person I have ever met in my life...but he sure thinks he is intelligent!

17. silk896

silk896 Member

Yes - I am certainly attracted to someone who can put more than two words together.
    Maybe I'm a cultural snob, but even during 1-niters, you do actually talk.

Admittedly I'm certainly don't have a 100% success rate.

18. *MAMA*

That depends on whether you want to fuck him because of his intellect, or that sweet sweet mustache.

19. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

brains before beauty. Beauty is a perk and everyone is beautiful in their own way.

20. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

I have had my share of flings with some real Einsteins, and even if they are stellar in bed the light reflecting from their eyes and shining out both ears."

I like the real easy communication you get with people who are smart and on your wave length. When you have to explain the most basic point and wait for it to be digested by another person it is a waste of time.
    Frustrating!
    Then it is just wonderful to have someone , even to talk to that gets the ideas that run around your head.
    For some people even grappling with the idea of consequences to actions is a quantum leap.
    Chemistry is a science of incredible beauty and the joy when you have some understanding of it is very real.

Most people have very ordinary problems like eating disorders, poor hygiene or gambling.
    Life is short enough as it is .

21. PaullyNormous

PaullyNormous Members

My brothers wife is incredibly intelligent and I find it irresistible. That and her massive ass. I would fucking destroy her knowing that after special intercourse would come intellectual intercourse.

My friend Phoebeas well. She's so smart and funny (and sexy) I love talking to her.