santana

Discussion in 'Music' started by paulfreespirit, Jan 24, 2005.

1. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

have just been listening to brightest star . carlos guitar has just blew me head off man . woooooow. / peace /

2. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

hey i just recently picked up a live santana cd called "live at the fillmore (1968)" and these discs are smokin! if you haven't heard it you should check it out. it's young santana so its a little raw but it's still funky as hell.

humandraydel

3. paulfreespirit

/ cheers man . will try and getta hold of it ./ peace/

4. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

santana is one of the greats. watch his performance at woodstock. amazing. plus one of the best drum solos iv ever seen. i saw him several years ago when he was touring with rusted root. hes lost his thunder, id rather see him when he was young.

download soul sacrifice. this is what he did at woodstock, it will blow your head to bits

5. dhs

dhs Senior Member

The best Carlos CD is Santa and Buddy Miles Live. Free Formed Funkified Filth is the jam.

Its a shame he has had to resort to commercialized crap over the past ten years.

6. Chris L

Chris L Member

His Woodstock performance of Soul Sacrafice is amazing. Not just him, the whole band...simply sweet.

7. paulfreespirit

written in sand .......man whatta tune

8. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

He's one of my favorite guitarists of all-time, but its too bad he's resorted to making shit just because he needs cash. Oh well, I guess.

9. paulfreespirit

making shit?

10. soulrebel51

All of his recent music with all of those popular "musicians"; Rob Thomas, Michelle Branch, etc etc..

11. The Acid Queen

The Acid Queen Member

I couldn't agree with you more, Chuck! His early stuff (Woodstock years)... classic! His recent stuff with pop artists... shit!!!!! And why the fuck would he even want to work with Rob Thomas or Michelle Branch? They suck so much ass, it's not even funny!

12. paulfreespirit

and what like . carlos is a one of the best guitarists on earth man. so he makes a bit of money playing with other people "big deal". maybe he might inspire those people you mention.

13. paulfreespirit

dont really know rod thomas or michelle branch "sorry" but as i say maybe he might have an influence on them?.

14. soulrebel51

Just because he's a great guitarist doesn't mean that he can't make shit.

He has made lots of shit, and continues to do so. ;)

And I really doubt he's inspired any of those "musicians" that he's been playing with.... they're making money, thats all they care about.

15. soulrebel51

"The Game of Love" and that other song.. it was the lead single off of his "comeback" album a few years ago, forgot the name, but it was catchy as hell...

16. paulfreespirit

yeah man he"s made all good shit not shitty shit . if those people only care about money and not realising who there on stage with " well yeah " their not worth talking about.

17. soulrebel51

He obviously is only in it for the money... its what happens to great indie bands when they get signed to a major label. He turned mainstream and added his electric guitar to what was already out there.

And no, his recent shit has not been good, no matter how you look at it.

18. paulfreespirit

so coz he plays guitar with other people ....you call his recent chord playing shit.....yeah right"you keep believing that .......hmmm

19. soulrebel51

What does it matter how well he plays guitar? Keith Richards kicked ass throughout the '70s and '80s, but just about everything The Stones released in those decades sucked.

Supernatural and Shaman are horrible albums... however, they're better than a lot of what he released in the late '70s and all of the '80s. ;)

20. soulrebel51

Ohhhh yippie, he's got a new album coming out in June. I'm so excited. :rolleyes: