Santana

Discussion in 'Music' started by sweet&dandy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. sweet&dandy

sweet&dandy Member

amazing guitarist, anyone agree?
    black magic woman and smooth, class songs

2. Nirali

Nirali Member

I like his earlier stuff...I haven´t got nothing against his latin rock songs, but still prefer his earlier blues(?)-rock stuff. But not because I´m on the Hip Forums ;) Thought, his debut Santana was amazing (1969).

3. zillagod

zillagod Member

Definitely. The double cd Live at the Fillmore 1968 is excellent, with Fried Kneckbones being a fav song of mine.

4. Nirali

Nirali Member

Fried Kneckbones is such a wonderful song! Also favourite of mine. What an atmospehere! Was he 19 at the Woodstock? I think yes. He was very talented debuted guy depending on his young age.

5. zillagod

zillagod Member

Remember, Live at the Fillmore was a year before Woodstock, so he was already puttin out the jams. And Carlos was 22 when at Woodstock.

6. zillagod

zillagod Member

I was just looking on Rhapsody.com and they have a second version, much shorter, called The Fillmore Performance-1968. This is just a shortened version of the 2 cd set called Live at the Fillmore 68.

But something that intersts me more is a double cd set that I have just seen for the first time called The San Mateo Sessions 1969. This one I will have to record for sure.