Sandman Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Hip Comics' started by Claire Baire, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Claire Baire

Claire Baire Members

I just really love The Sandman and wanna talk about it. Fave storyline? Fave character?

ffooxx51 likes this.
  2. I don't know anything about it. I want to start a comic book collection, though. I might check it out.

3. Claire Baire

Claire Baire Members

Oh man. it's so good. Its a bit older now (came out in late 80s and early 90s). Its like. part fantasy, party gothy, part horror, part superhero stuff. It gets really deep and affecting too. I love it to bits.

4. I recall it from when I was a preteen and had a collection. I never bought an issue, though.

5. Claire Baire

Claire Baire Members

If you do read it eventually let me know

6. ffooxx51

ffooxx51 Members

Hay
    What up?

7. Imdan

Imdan Members

I've read that series as well as Lucifer and Books of Magic and also seen a couple of tie-ins in the DC comics. One tie-in happens when a group of alien parasites put everyone on Earth into a dream state. They get everyone even Superman, but Dream of the Endless appears and saves everyone. Another tie in happens with Batman.

The most interesting characters to me are the Djinn that come from the void. They are beings lost in the void for so long or for so many eternities that they forget their shape.

~Zen~ likes this.
  8. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

Check the Sandman series on NetFlix. They've only done one season so far, but it is PERFECT!