San Pedro Preparation

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by guerillabedlam, Dec 21, 2010.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

for the emulsion problem..
    at first i would say just make sure you let it sit a long time. or if you had a way to centrifuge it..that would help separate layers, but that's probably not the case..

are you worried about the other layer contaminating the "good stuff," or vice versa?
    in other words, at that stage of the extraction, is the mescaline in the aqueous layer or the organic, and which one are you throwing out?

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

The oven method should work.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Guerillabedlam's San Pedro Extraction Method

~3 feet of San Pedro Cacti were used...

I despinned and sliced to the core of the cactus with my mini chopping block to separate into footlong strips. I then removed the outer skin and instead of decoreing I used this vertical chopping block and went straight for the dark green part. This was amazingly efficient as I could strip the majority of green in a few seconds. I'm not sure how a peeler is but it could definitely be used in conjunction as there were a few residual parts of green left on the cactus but wow I couldn't believe how efficient the chopping block was. I removed all the green pretty much in less than 5 minutes of an entire 24 " cactus, but like I said a peeler could be useful to make another go round as there was little bits of green remaining.

I then used the block again to dice the long strips of sea weed looking green strips into as tiny pieces as possible put it under a fan with a ceiling light overhead and now 48 hours later its dry..... And green.

Once it was dry, I put it into a blender to shred the cacti into even smaller pieces to work with some of my equipment better. I then followed the mescaline food safe tek by 69ron over at DMT-Nexus except I halved everything because I only worked with 50 grams of dark green layer from the cacti.

The only part I strayed from that tek was when I got to the part of the tek where the top layer which is orange oil and the bottom layer which is vinegar (mescaline) separate, the tek calls to pour them through a funnel or glass gravy separator. I initially attempted to use a glass gravy separator and ran into some problems with the layers mixing so with the advice given by a fellow HF member, I used a syringe and found that was really efficient to pull the bottom layer, I assume it may take slightly more time than if you get it right pouring from a glass gravy separator but even the original tek says this can be tricky at first as where the syringe was very very easy to pull the desired bottom layer out without the two layers mixing.

I chose to just fan dry the material over some of the other methods that are suggested to dry it. It should appear clearish when you put it out into your tray to dry initially but overnight it turned to this.

[​IMG]

Then about 2 1/2 days after I chose to scrape the first bit that dried up and I got this. It's considered dirty Mescaline as it has other alkaloids from the San Pedro cacti that are not mescaline which give it the brownish color.

[​IMG]

The cacti can be cleaned from here to remove the other alkaloids but the Material needed to clean this specific kind of mescaline has been replaced by some California Chemical committee by a 'safer' chemical, so I originally had planned to clean it fully but the local hardware stores do not carry the chemical I need to do so.

I pulled over 2 grams which is not terrible but it's not extremely efficient considering the supplies needed and time it takes to perform the extraction. I only sampled ~200 mgs thus far and here is my mini trip report for it...

Watch the weather Change
    Im definitely on a low dose here (~200 mgs) but I just went for a brief walk in the rain and that made my night...

Ive been feeling 'up' for about the past 1/2 hr but nothing remarkable or even interesting besides talking with you guys. So I go outside into the rain, I notice some slight shifts in perception immeadiately. I see the rain splashes make little designs on the ground, I turn the corner and see the lamp post glowing with rays coming off of it like the sun. I turn my gaze, 3 after images of the lamp post appear in front of me, it puts a huge smile on my face and im loving the chill vibe. I saw glowy after images all the way up and down the street.

On my way back one of the after images stayed with me and changed shape as I walked for about 10 seconds, I was really wishing I was on a higher dose at this point. Then the best part is when I'm about 30 yards away from my place, I look at the ground again as the rain was picking up and then the rain splash shapes got more intricate and complex for a second and turned white and I thought to myself 'Damn I'm trippin pretty good, wait a minute' I stick my arm out of my sleeve and feel the pellets and noticed it started hailing! It was quite a thrill in the moment, things feel so in sync on mescaline, pretty cool even at this lowish dose.

Compared to a foot of the full cacti, this is not as euphoric and deep feeling as the full cacti experience but a little more up, (not sure stimulating is the right word) lighter body load and more clear headed. There was some really good music enhancement as well which I normally do not get from full cactus. I was only at about 3 1/2 hours before I fell asleep, but I felt the cleansed mescaline afterglow that I love the following day. For future experiences... I would probably opt for the San Pedro tea for personal journeys but I know many who cannot stand the taste of San Pedro tea, so I definitely would opt for this method when taking the trip with others who can't stomach the tea.

4. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

Sweet pull! non-toxic food grade extract you can be proud of. :)

the extraction is nice but its not like the full on effects of the brew. that 200 mg Is a good dose for socializing or parties and still be a bit stimulated without the mental effects.

5. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

Nicely done, guerilla...

6. porkstock41

how many mg to get the mental effects and be unable to socialize:sunny:

you always seemed to have too much respect for mescaline to take it at a party...

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I'm jealous.

How do the dosings of the full alkaloid extractions compare to pure mescaline? You'd be taking a lot more for the same amount of mescaline, but do the other alkaloids keep the dosing about the same?

8. porkstock41

i think you generally want to take more of the "dirty" or nearly full alkaloid extraction compared to pure mescaline. maybe ~500 mg and 300 mg respectively, for good starter doses (like erowid "strong")

9. ChocolateMint

ChocolateMint Member

Great job.

From preparing so many times, and for the record I'd like to share this method I have found to be the most fulfilling.

Desired amount of fresh san pedro frozen and then thawed.

Cut up like a cucumber and removing the core.

Putting Those de-cored slices in a food processor or blender.

Cooking resulted green froth for at least 6 hours, which yields a dark green tea that is filtered and cooled. Usually takes 8oz to produce a 300mg type trip. Cooked for 8-10hours results in a dark brown, somewhat sticky. Three shots produces a very intense experience.

This method has never failed me, or anyone I have showed, and can produce very potent tea because no water is needed.