San Pedro Preparation

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by guerillabedlam, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

The one time I turned up cactus leather out of all the successful cactus chips baffled me as well, hence my resorting to the solution discussed privately to eliminate the enormous time and effort of powdering skins only to have it fail. I was not amused. A salt in one or two capsules so much nicer; ah but these teks are not so simple and troublefree as they appear, and i have a peculiar talent for making things way harder than they need to be. Yes. I'm petrochemically challenged. Perhaps the chemical savant spicy cat will work out a "bake cookies" format for cactus reduction as well...

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Honestly when I made the tea and it worked I felt like I just made some tremendous advancement for the field of chemistry. I've actually talked with the spicey cat a bit prior to embarking on this task.

3. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

Exactly how I feel about an IPA extraction, which I feel is superior to the tea. But if you have kitty helping you, things will go purrrrfectly. Let us know when it's down to the easy bake oven level...

4. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

:sunny:To release the alkaloids out of the plant. It must first be dried or powdered. Cardboard, plywood or cookie sheets with a fan at room temp or outdoors works.

Blenders cover the initial grinding then finish up using coffee grinders for a fine grind. If powdering rootbark or woody vines, you will want to macerate first by pounding down from the top of a length with a hammer. Then add to the blender then grinder.

A acidic water solution would consist of a 5% solution of citric acid or vitamin c powder. This is made by measuring 5gs of citric acid or vitamin c to 100gs distilled water. Or until you have a ph4 solution.

50g = 1ft dried san pedro skins which = 1 dose. 100gs if using pachanoi var.

Simmer powder in minimal acidic/H2o solution for 20min. Strain and repeat cooking powder in fresh acidic/H2o solution 2x.

Gather all 3 extract solutions and hang up solution in a clear ziplock baggie by a corner and allow all the sediment to settle to the bottom corner. Cut a small hole and gently remove sediment. Once all sediment is removed gather the solution on a large glass baking dish and evaporate in the oven at the lowest possible setting. 150F max.

Once you have a wet solid dry with a fan at room temp.

Scrape the dried residue with a fresh razor blade.

You can either take this dry concentrated extract as is. I recommend vegetable juice as a mixer and water as a shooter.

Experimental would be to take the powder and mix powder in a beaker or open mouth jar or glass with acetone, naphtha or MEK. You will want to use a generous amount at first to reduce the amount of times you will have to decant the solvant.

This should remove most solvant soluble plant material. MEK will also remove the non mescaline alkaloids ref 69ron.

Simply mix the solvant and stir and allow to set for many hours with swirling. Allow to alkaliods to settle and carefully decant solvant, which means to pour off solution. Do not worry about pouring all solvant off after further cleaning we can evaporate the remaing amounts.

After the first pour depending on the clarity of the solvant add a little more swirl and decant again. Then pour on evap dish and dry with fan. You will want to add a little fresh solvant to the container to swirl and wash any possible alkaliodial residue from it and add to the evap dish.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is a general 'industrial cleaning stripper' that says directly on the cannister use in place of mek usable, or does it literally have to be mek?

In California where I'm at this general industrial stripper' is replacing mek cause its supposedly safer.

6. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

Im not really sure. Im sure at the low level cook probably doesnt need to do a solvant wash. But if someone were to test this before me they could get the credit and large batches of straight cooked mescaline could be produced without the use of and a/b extraction. But of course only if it worked.

I know for a fact that evaporating the tea removed of sediment via ziplock bag ref agent lemons DXM. The water soluble mescaline citrate or ascorbate does not fall into the sediment.

So only water soluble plant material is dried. Honestly naphtha might be safer only since i inhale it everytime I puff a bowl of ganja. MEK supposedly removes non mescaline alkaliods.

Heresay until tested by someone other than 69ron who will preach it from the blogs. I still would like to believe it to be a true thing until tested in my lab.

BTW sorry guys Ive laggin in my lab lately. So many great ideas for the future though.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

San Pedro Drying Method Update

So after the first unsuccessful go round with drying San pedro in the oven, I tried it again. I despinned and sliced to the core of the cactus to separate into footlong strips. I then removed the skin and instead of decoreing I used this vertical chopping block I have and went straight for the dark green part. This was amazingly efficient as I could strip the majority of green in a few seconds. I'm not sure how a peeler is but it could definitely be used in conjunction as there were a few residual parts of green left on the cactus but wow I couldn't believe how efficient the chopping block was. I removed all the green pretty much in less than 5 minutes of an entire 24 " cactus, but like I said a peeler could be useful to make another go round as there was little bits of green remaining.

I then used the block again to dice the long strips of sea weed looking green strips into as tiny pieces as possible put it under a fan with a ceiling light overhead and now 48 hours later its dry..... And green.

8. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

Well done

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

For those who have done the d-limonene tek (I'm pretty sure you have ancient powers) I did the whole thing and its currently setting out to dry. I think I have an emulsion 'problem' though. I see a distict layer in the separator but when I poured it out it was a light yellow color, although I saw some clear vinegar as well. How does this effect the product and if this is emulsion how might you fix this problem?

10. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

The industrial stripper might have some kind of additives.
    Just wash with Ice cold acetone.

11. acidbath

acidbath Guest

Ancient One, I have tons of questions. Sorry to threadjack but you're like the only one closest to me. Guerilla is southern CA while you're like just a few miles away. Anyway, I'm unsure of how to PM folks on this forum. :/

12. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

Looks like your ip is at the federal building. Do you want to meet there, or at the DAs office?

13. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

:bobby: :policeman:
    :dupe:

14. acidbath

acidbath Guest

LOL Federal Building? I use comcast. Weird?

;) Someone has San Pedro for sale in the Sacramento area. Hmm.

15. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

Comcast? Bad choice. Radically too expensive. And yes, we have a local ethnobotanical supplier. Way cooler than cumcast....

16. acidbath

acidbath Guest

Agreed on how expensive it is. Ill have to look up those ethnobotanical places in Sac. I'm very inteterested in cultivating some. I am bidding on a cacti on fleabay.

17. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

The ethnobot is shy. But home depot is right down the street....

18. acidbath

acidbath Guest

So am I hiring Mexicans now?

19. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

Never taken a Mexican. Can you get high from one?

20. acidbath

acidbath Guest

Spicy like Tabasco.