San Pedro Experiences

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by HaveANiceTripp, Sep 6, 2004.

1. HaveANiceTripp

HaveANiceTripp Member

Anyone had nice San Pedro experiences im thinking about getting a 10 inch cutting and having a little fun.

2. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

I have tired san pedro 2 times, I had a great experience both times. worth a try.

3. dooncune

dooncune Member

How long does it last?

4. Kitaro

Kitaro Member

Well, I have never done it, but from what I read it will last PRETTY MUCH... and for a few hours you will think that your dose was very low... PLEASE, DONT TAKE MORE... believe me, it will be normal if you only peak at +4 hours.
    Read erowid. Go to Peyote, there's a topic «Related Vaults» and then «Cacti containing mescaline» or something like that.
    HAve fun! :D

5. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

for me, time really dont much matter, but I think it last about good 6-8 hours

6. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I've done pure mesciline before, and yeah, it lasts about 8 hours - so if you are concentrating enough mesciline from the cactus you should be able to trip for about 8 hours.

7. Maverik

Maverik Member

10" of San Pedro will barely give you a threshold experience. Slightly more is appropriate 12" -14" for a first experience. Also the times mentioned are much too short. An experience will last over 8 hrs and may be closer to 12. Read up on Erowid, theres some great information there.

8. HaveANiceTripp

HaveANiceTripp Member

thanks for the info

9. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

My cousin in Canada burned some T. peru incense and she said that the smoke lingered for almost 18 hours, with the densest smoke being from T=+3:00 to T=+10:00. She said the smoke was profoundly dense.

10. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

Last time I did mescaline from San Pedro was about... I think 5-6 months ago. Made a "tea" with lemon juice, boiling, and pressing out the liquid from the cacti (and let me tell you, it's damn slippery). Takes a long time to de-spine the cactus and remove the clear, waxy outer layer. The liquid had a weird texture, but wasn't too hard to drink, despite what you may have heard.

Very nice experience, I would love to repeat it. Extremely euphoric, some visuals somewhat like psilocybin, but they were different in some ways. Either way the visuals were not that strong for me. Possibly dose-related, or potency-related, or any number of other reasons. I think I did a 4-6 inch cutting. Duration was about 5 hours.

I just don't think it's right, though, to go around chopping up cacti just for the experience. Cacti take years to grow and are wonderful plants, I just think it's wrong to do it more than every once in a long while. They are truly sacred and deserve respect.