San Francisco for Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'California' started by Duncan, May 5, 2018.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I am driving to San Francisco for the Memorial Day Weekend and was wondering if there are any HipPlanet folks who would like to meet and break bread.
    Feel free to send me a message (either in the public or private forums).

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Howdy Duncan! That sounds like a great plan and the weather should be nice. Sorry I can't make it down there, I already have plans too far away to make it.

Hope some others are in the area, have a great trip :) The weed is everywhere now, such a change to see it for sale in the shops to anyone over 21. And there are still many fine places to eat in San Francisco, enjoy!

3. Duncan

Fortunately I also have a car that's less than two years old and is in tip-top condition. My San Francisco host has been talking about a relocation to Medford, Oregon, so I am trying to get the last few days of free couch surfing while I'm there :)

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Medford is near my neck of the woods. I'm going there tonight to see my parents for mother's day

5. Duncan

Counting down for the drive north. Love me my road trips!

6. Duncan

Made it here safe and sound. Visiting with a friend who lives near China Basin. Later heading off to Twin Peaks. The city is -- as always -- magical !

GLENGLEN likes this.
  7. Duncan

One last day before the drive home. Tonight I am celebrating the anniversary of the death of a dear friend. The cuisine here has been first class. Will be sorry and sad to leave :(

8. Duncan

Finished the weekend with Ethiopian dinner on Valencia, brunch at Delancey Street on Embarcadero, and a lunch at Hamburger Mary's on Castro. I had my heart set on tea, but my host was not able to participate and we had a hard time finding the right place to have tea. I also spent a good amount of time cooking pear sauce.
    Magic still abounds in that town and I often wish I could live there part time. Perhaps in another life.

GLENGLEN likes this.