Salvia?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Tamee, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

My grandma is growing some salvia outside and I remember hearing something about using it to get high. Anyone know anything about it? I'd like to try it if I could.

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

yes it can be smoked, post in the salvia divorium forums under psychodelics they should help u

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

ok, cool. thanks. :)

4. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

If you want to do Salvia just to "get high", I really suggest not doing it, you'll probably get way more than you asked for....

5. LifeGod101

LifeGod101 Member

well, if you smoke your grandmas plant, you may not even get high. if you want to get FUCKED off the stuff, as in hard core tripping like you could NEVER imagine, order whats called an EXTRACT online...you can make it yourself too...just look it up. erowid.org has a LOT of info on it. the leaf is pretty weak, but the extract will turn you inside out, basically.

LG

6. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

woah is it legal to grow it/posess it?...thats awesome, time for some gardening!

obviously the extract would be illegal, but if i can just go to the store and buy some saliva seeds, the i am excited...

is that how it works?

7. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Extract is legal too. You can buy it all online - just do a google search - you'll find lots of information.

8. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

9. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

10. Tamee

Tamee naked

What kind of high does it give you?

11. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

"Depending on dosage, the Salvia experience can vary from a subtle, just-off-baseline state to a full-blown psychedelic experience. At higher doses users report dramatic time distortion, vivid imagery, encounters with beings, travel to other places, planets or times, living years as the paint on a wall or experiencing the full life of another individual. Needless to say these can be extremely powerful experiences and should only be attempted with a sitter. While most people remain unmoving during the experience, some individuals will attempt to get up and walk around while in a completely dissociated state."

erowid.org

12. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Salvia is very powerful stuff, enough that I have high respect it. I have a bag of 12x sitting on top of my TV untouched for 3 months. I partially broken through, but my bro fully broke through, you definitely need to be in a place where you won't get injured or have a trip sitter. It's a completely different reality. I refuse to smoke it until I feel ready again. It's not something to catch a buzz with.

13. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

oh and 99% chance what your grandma's growing won't get you high no matter how much you smoke it... while its genus (i think thats what its called) is sativa, there are tons of different species, and only one produces the effect you want in a reasonable amount of smoking...

they don't often sell the mind-altering species of sativa in nuseries or garden stores

14. Tamee

Tamee naked

Thanks for the warning.

15. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

i just bought some 20x, (i know this isnt the right forum, but the saliva forum is dead, well at least nobody has posted since 7:30) im guessing one little ball is enough to get me fucked?

i will have a sitter, but is there anything i need to know to prepare myself...

16. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

It's genus is not Sativa; if it's genus was Sativa, it would be called Sativa Divinorum...

It's genus is Salvia, obviously, which is a type of sage.

17. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

Have you even smoked Salvia before?

18. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

yeah im a dumbass, disregard the typos in my posts...

and no, thats why im worried...my friend wanted to make sure i got the really potent stuff though...=/

we're going for the full-blown trip, but is that even too potent for taht for a noob?

and what would happen, hypothetically, if someone smoked the whole bag of the 20x, would they just die?

19. tiffany1278

tiffany1278 Member

Actually the extract *is* legal and many online head shops sell it...isn't that great? :) I don't know how long it's gonna last though, so get now while the getting is good.

I ordered some 10x extract (the extract potency is judged as 5x, 10x, and 15x) from a website a couple weeks ago...and let me tell you, it was a trip like I've never had before. I was literally hanging onto the wall and trying to remember that I had a body. Seriously. :)

And that was my only salvia trip so far...I've still got a good-sized vial left but I'm not into salvia just for the "high"...that's a meditation marvel right there.

20. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

I'll say this; do what you want with it. You'll get what you deserve, that's for sure.

This is a plant that deserves a whole lot of respect.

Personally, I don't think anybody should start out with 20x, but that's my opinion.

And I doubt anybody would be able to actually smoke a whole "bag" of 20x (however much that is), not because it's not physically possible, but I think you'd be too far gone to go through with it.