Salvia teacher plant or toy

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by redgreenvines, May 16, 2004.

1. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

The short Salvia Trip is like an immersion into dimensions that are already happenning and familiar, yet so alien. Can we actually learn something from going to this place - this salvia space.

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

If you treat it as a teacher, it will teach, but on the other hand, if you treat it like a toy, you'll end up the one being played with.

3. WhosGotTheHerb

WhosGotTheHerb Member

All I know is I had the craziest experience on Salvia... my friend deciced to do what he called an "Experement" on me. Don't get me wrong I had seen my brother and many other do Salivia and I was quite interested. I took about 3 or 4 bong hits of 1x Salvia over about the period of 25 mins. I felt different... it seemed my upper body was detached or sliding away from my lower half (not too extreme though). Then he packs both bongs, so i pick one up and clear the pack, hold the smoke in, and as soon is I blew it out i cleared the other.... In the meantime he is packing them again. After the 3rd hit of 1x in a row he hands me the last one a bong hit with 1/2 1x and 1/2 10x.... exhaling that hit was pretty much the last thing I remember... well remember of reality. My friends tell me I collapsed into laughter on the bed where I was sitting. After laughing quite hard for a while they said I looked spooked and stood up very fast, bad idea seeing how my friend has slanted ceilings and i was sitting next to the wall. *BANG*, I hit my head. Next, they describe me on the floor acting strange they say I reached for a cord to a remote to a video came like my life depended on it, then put my hands around a video game case (Price of Persia "The Sands of Time" *Bizzare eh?*) and pulled it under mybody and laid there motionless for a bit. Finally, they say i open my eyes and look up while screaming at the top of my lungs "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!" and "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME". Up until this point I was in my head. I stood up confused, asked who I was talking to and picked up the video game and put it in a file cabinet and said "Its in the game." The world I went to while I was not here in reality was very strange someone or something was trying to or did tell me something very important, but whatever it was... I didn't like it. Something to the effect that I was to stay there for eternity and just exist. Fun stuff tho... I'd like to try it again. Wow I've never typed such a large post before ;)

4. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

That is a very good description of the plant. :cool:

I myself are growing my first Salvia plant currenlty. So far so good. I'm in Texas, so it is a good climate for it.

5. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Member

For me alot of the revelation comes after the trip, not during. It's like your mind is open during the trip but you don't know what you've learned until you come down. Since I started using Salvia I've had some very deep revelations a day or even two after using.

6. psychedelicsmoke

psychedelicsmoke Member

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!" and "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME"------lol those were my exact words i said during/after my first breakthrough--my life has been different ever since

7. Long_HairHippie

Long_HairHippie Member

I remember the first time had i'm going to call it an out of body experience with salvia, although i don't know if that would be the proper terminology, more like an out of dimension experience. It was a very strange experience, i think that salvia is definetely a shaminic tool. I just wish that my experience had lasted longer, it always seems as if there is some kind of other presence there with me when i have done salvia in the past. I would like to learn more from these experience but they always seem so brief, and at 45 dollars a gram for the ten extract it can be quite expensive. Anyone every mixed mushrooms and saliva? They seem to enhance each other at very low doses.

8. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

Salvia is definitely a teacher. Someone who uses it as a "toy" is on track for a very bad experience sometime in the future. And bad Salvia trips can be especially terrifying.

With respect and the right outlook, Salvia is a teacher that can show you some very interesting and weird things.

9. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Thumbs Up: Crazy experience, make sure you hold Salvia in the highest respect ... perhaps Mother Salvia did not approve of the way you entered her world? Who knows ... ;)

Thumbs Down: Your idiot friend for playing that experiment on you. Half a bowl of 10x is enough for QUITE a ride, especially on top of several bowls of dry leaf. I find it hard to handle that much myself.

Thumbs Up: "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" and "IS THIS A JOKE!?" and "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" were things said by another person I know when they tried Salvia for the first time. =P

10. brokenwingz425

brokenwingz425 Member

If you think salvia is a toy you're an idiot

11. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

the term idiot has to be used gently

-
    so I have been taught

the whole serious thing has to be gentled.
    the toy thing has to be merged with that

one must be able to play to learn
    one must want to learn

it's fun da mental

12. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

redgreenvines: You are da pun-isher today. =P

*dies of bad pun-ishment*

*that was phun with a silent h*

Okay, anyway, I'm not so certain that the term idiot is to be used so gently with Salvia. In retrospect, I think that idiot is a very nice word, and much preferrable, when compared with the sheer horror of my first Salvia trip, where I didn't give Lady Sally her due respect by any means.

13. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

in any case don't punish your self for idiocy
    we are all in this thing together
    plenty sangsara just as it is.
    and I aint saying I'm sorry neither.

14. peace kid

peace kid Member

my buddie is growing it too and we are new to this so how big does a leaf have to be before we smoke it because we plan on doing it this weekend.:)

15. syd

syd Banned

This stuff is legal still right?