Salvia Questions

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by majexto, May 31, 2004.

1. majexto

majexto Member

If I buy Salvia leaves what more do I need to do to them to make them capable of smoking?

What is a good amount to smoke?

How long does it take for the trip to take effect?

2. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

One hit of 10x made me trip pretty hard for about 5 minutes. It took around 20 seconds for it to come on.

3. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

hey maj,

are you really 14?
    most places that sell salvia may have a problem withthe age.
    plain leaf can be rolled into a hot smoking joint.
    but, you know, 14 - there is a lot going on in your brain right now - this native medicine would be appropriate if you had a problem and someone to help you with it, but it is not good for early experimentation in the sense that, some natural changes going on are best left natural.
    personally I don't think it would harm the true seeker, even at 14, but tell me
    are you also looking at yoga and meditation, and other ways of accessing your inner universe.
    tarot art and poetry are important to consider.
    about salvia, www.sagewisdom.org has all the answers and you should read everything there first.

4. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Maj,

Let me also suggest another site for you

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Salvia_divinorum_First_Times.shtml

This is a message board where people post their first-time experiences with Salvia. I would suggest reading as many as possible before trying, so you ae aware of what you are in for.

Oh, and PLEASE have a "sitter" with you. I am 21, tried many hallucinogens, and I thought I would be fine. After reading Erowid forums, i decided to make sure I had a sitter with me anyways. Boy, was I glad I did.

To answer your questions:

What is a good amount to smoke? It depends. Are you smoking extract? Leaves? Regardless, a good rule is...if you think you have enough in your bowl, it probably is too much :p Read the links that I and redgreenvines gave you, and it will answer most of your questions.

How long does it take for the trip to take effect? Seconds. It is very fast to come on, and doesn't last too long.

5. majexto

majexto Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I really am 14. I do meditate atleast 1x a day. I was going to be smoking leaves. To answer some of the questions you guys asked me...

6. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Member

I think you could get alot out of Salvia by simply rolling it like a joint and smoking it. This should give you a nice, level 2 buzz and aid in your meditation. Later, when you're more accustom to it you can pick up some 5x or 10x and take a real intence trip but for now I think less would be more. Take your time to explore what Salvia has for you, after all, you're only 14, you've got your whole life ahead of you. ;)