Salvia 10x Not Working?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by KieranA001, Mar 28, 2013.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There have been a fair amount of reports, albeit mostly anecdotal, of Salvia being effective for treating depression. I pulled up a article with a case study which suggests some methods of how you may want to structure your use if you approach it therapeutically.

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v13n1/13118han.html

I think you'd likely make more headway with the depression compared to the social anxiety, but perhaps benefits from one will influence the other.

I believe potency was the word you were looking for there...

2. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Yeah, potency was the one I was looking for, keep getting them mixed up, sorry.

I wonder when more research is going to be done of Salvia Divinorum. I would like to know how it effects are body, all I know is that is effects the cerebral cortex some how.

I've also heard it can cause brain damage:

"A potential danger of Salvia Divinorum is long-term brain damage, especially when pure Salvinorin is been used. Salvinorin has some phenomenological similarities to dissociatives such as ketamine and PCP, and these dissociatives can cause brain damage called Olney's Lesions when taken in at high doses."

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

The reason that you're not old enough is that you call higher potency material higher "toxicity", and if you think you're taking a toxin, go huff bleach or something.

And you seem very worried about dosage methods that don't really work, so that you don't smell of smoke and get caught. Why don't you act 18, and take charge and responsibility of that sort of thing? A good way to have a bad time on any psychedelic is to be sneaking around like a scared, guilty kid.

Your reasons for using salvia, are silly. Like yes, it could potentially be used to help with those, but the way you're doing it is way off the mark (again, thinking it's a toxin and going to a bunch of trouble to hide it and all that).

Your general approach and mindset is simply wrong for this. Go read more. And maybe learn about different psychedelics, and then come back to salvia -- many may speak in a somewhat jaded way about it, it's not such a pleasant experience, but this does not mean that it doesn't require the same respect as other psychedelics. In fact, it sort of requires more.

When I said you're not old enough, I didn't mean anything about how many times you've been around the sun.

4. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Yeah, I know the difference between potency and toxicity, it's just that I was reading about Salvia and when I wrote that post I got confused between the two.

Just because I got confused between "potency" and "toxicity" doesn't mean that you can say I'm not old enough.

And I didn't say I was worried, did I? I act 18 very well, how are you to judge when you don't even know me. And, I have been reading about it. Most other forms of psychedelics are illegal anyway. The reason I may seem "anxious" is because of the anxiety, which is why I'm using Salvia.

I do respect Salvia, that's why I've done research for and take it one step at a time.

How can you say my reasons for taking salvia are silly. It's proven to help depression. What are your uses of the drug?

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It's proven to help depression? Not quite, I'm pretty sure....

You won't know why you use psychedelics, until you have some reasonable amount of experience with psychedelics. That's just how it is.

If you're serious about the anxiety, you would do better to use a moderate dose of MDMA, just to learn how total amiable acceptance and ease feels.

Your general chest-puffing when I suggest you're not old enough just goes to make my point. Like I said, I'm not talking about how many times you've been around the sun.

6. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

I would do what you say as you seem very experienced, but, seen as they're illegal I have no where to buy them from :/

I'm sorry about the chest-puffing, lol. What do you mean by "how many times I've been around the sun"

But, doesn't MDMA cause you to develop anxiety and depression. That is some of the long-tern effects I think.

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I'm not nearly as experienced as some others in here.

I wouldn't worry about the legality, just hang out with the right people, and, cliché as it is, they will "find you".

Do you smoke weed? It's a good intro to altered consciousness and psychedelic thought. It obviously increases anxiety while you're high, but not after.

I can see salvia helping with those, mostly by absolute shock, and dwarfing normal anxiety. Not quite the same as how something like LSD could help.

You can grow your own mushrooms, or extract your own DMT, with products purchased online. Or you can buy mescaline cacti at your local lowes. But before doing something like either of those, you better re-think doing psychedelics where you might have to come into contact with family or disapproving authority figures. From salvia to weed to acid, that's always a realllllly bad idea.

8. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

I've heard that in some cases weed can be bad because the THC that your brain produces can stop because you're getting it from the weed instead which is why when you stop weed it gives you depression.

I don't think my family will ever approve of me taking drugs, mainly because of them being illegal but I see it differently, some drugs that are legal are worse. Also, because they don't know how it effects you they get worried.

And that was why I was going to take Salvia actually, because of the shock making the anxiety not seem to bad.

I won't do psychodelics then, I'll try MDMA or something similar, all I want is a drug to not produce any real long term effects but help me with anxiety.

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Somebody lied to you.

Your brain doesn't produce THC (or if it does, verrrrry little). It does produce cannabinoids, but their production is not affected by smoking weed.

When you stop smoking weed you feel very awake and alive, and may have trouble sleeping. Some people (those who use it as a crutch) feel irritable. Not depressed. It takes time for things to equalize if you make sudden changes, but there is no withdrawl syndrome associated with weed.

Some prohibitionist "information" sources, (like the DEA) will tell you that, without really explaining what it means, that weed is a depressant, and so can't help depression. This is a lie, weed is a CNS depressant, which has nothing to do with psychological depression.

10. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

That sounds fair enough, I think the reasons why people also think that it causes you to feel depressed is because you're not high anymore.

You seem to build a tolerence as well and people might think it causes them to feel depressed because they're not experiencing the high as what they used to.

Also, what strain of weed do you think would be best suited to help anxiety

I might come back to salvia when I have stronger mind through the use and understanding of other drugs.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That quote you provided sounds like it's reaching. Salvia has a unique mechanism of action compared to typical dissociatives. PCP and ketamine are primarily NMDA agonists and they effect other neurotransmitter sites as well such as Mu Opioid and Kappa Opioid Receptors which is a neurotransmitter site for Salvia but Salvia is very precise and more potent in this mechanism of action and doesn't have the wide range pharmological action of the typical disassociatives.

The Olney's Lesions claim in regards to typical dissociatives have been a point of contention as is but seeing as Salvia Divinorum rarely if ever elicits the same abuse potential as most disassociatives, and it's specific mechanism of action, I don't think it's a legitimate concern.

I'm sure you could seek out a abstract but here's an article that touches on Salvia Divinorum's effects on the brain.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120321142018.htm

12. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Hmm, yeah before I posted that I also read somewhere that the tests that were carried out stated that it only occured in rats but they also did the same test on monkey's without any results.

They don't know if it really effects humans as it does with the rats, I think they just included it in their research anyway just as a warning as to what it might do.

But yeah, it should be fine in short dosages.

Another thing I would like to know would be, if I ever do Salvia again, can you get some of the effects by using the crystalized extract? and if you can what would be the best potency to get if I cannot break-though on the 10x by smoking it.

I know the effects wouldn't be as good, but i'd still like to know if it's possible. Mainly because I don't like smoking substances and would try to avoid it if their is another alternative.

Also, thanks for the link.

13. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I broke through on x20, at least I'm pretty damn sure I did. Others say x40 definitely gets you there, but the couple times I tried it I couldn't actually remember the main experience, just returning home with the ass feeling and weird gravity... strongly. And the whole spinning backwards thing..

Try munching the leaves if you don't wanna smoke the shit, but its not as strong. Lasts longer though - never tried this method

14. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

At some point I will get the leaves then, do you know anywhere I can buy them which are reliable. Most places online don't seem very reliable.

15. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Google "reliable online rc vendors" or some shit, most will stock salvia. Legal 'erbs and shit like that otherwise, seed shops etc.. you can piece together a decent vendor from ratings and feedback, but if the feedbacks on their own site just ignore it cos it obviously gonna be bias

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I'm not sure that any would help anxiety, in the short term.

I would expect the mild psychedelic effects to, in the near-term.

if you mean like social anxiety, try kavakava, or take 300mg valerian root in the morning. Or both at once.

For anxiety, weed would be fine, except that users tend to get paranoid because of the legal aspect, combined with how easy it is to smell on people. If you're going to try it this way, very small doses are good for depression and maybe some anxiety.

It will also generally teach you how to use your mind better, and how to get more out of other drugs.

17. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

I have got pills that contain valerian root but it seems to give me a headache and doesn't really do anything. I've also tried GABA and some other that are suppose to help. That's why I'm turning to these type of drugs because they will be more effective.

And yes, it is social anxiety. In general I feel very closed minded and hard to talk to people, say what's on my mind etc. The anxiety makes me very anxious around people and makes the depression worse because of this. And, although it sounds stupid I also feel that everyone hates me because of who I am. I take things too serious and feel uptight.

Yeah I wouldn't have used it all the time, although I haven't done any addictive drugs, I feel like the type of person who would become dependent on the drug, well not entirely, hard to explain and end up taking it because I feel I need to take it.

I will not let this happen though, it's only weed and doesn't hold many of the negative effects as some other drugs out their I suppose

Although I am going to start of with weed, when it comes to salvia is it possible to use the extract orally because tincture is hard to make and get hold of, and the leaf would be too messy.

For example, because it barely works with leaf, if I say brought a 40X potency and put that under my tongue for 30min, will I get an effect? Even if it is a waste.

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Okay:

Weed will make your social anxiety way worse. But hopefully, it will help you open up when you're not high.

Especially when you have no tolerance, you'll be a bit high, but not high, for like a day after you smoke. When you first start smoking, especially. That chilled state can help with anxiety.

Anyways, all I have to say is try it. Might work for you, might not. Worth trying.

As for chewing salvia, you won't find much info, because people don't really do it, because it's slow and inefficient, and subtler effects. You might feel an extract under your tongue, yes, but it's probably a waste of money, given the cost of extracts and the amount you'd need. If you REALLY want to do it orally, get some leaves, or get some plants and save leaves, and look up the traditional ways with cold water or chewing a large quid. But, I say fuck all that, and smoke it.

As for your family smelling smoke.... are you trying to fix anxiety, or what? Say fuck it, it's your body, your mind, your choice, and you're old enough to figure out what you want with them. If your choice about how to use a drug, in a way that totally changes it's effects, is motovated by anxiety about being discovered, how could you expect to overcome anxiety on the drug? It's one of those situations, where it takes money to make money.

19. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Fair enough, I have found some good places online that sell weed so I might give them a try. When I get the bud do I smoke the whole thing, I know that you crumble it up but I know that they have to be trimmed. Do I have to worry about this?

And fair enough, good points. If I was to do salvia I will just smoke it. :)

I've also found another substance called kanna. AKA. Sceletium tortuosum which is suppose to help with anxiety but don't know if it's worth getting. Don't want it to be like those other rip off drugs that I've tried before.

20. bigrapp12

bigrapp12 Members

If the Salvia isn't working smoke it through water. I don't know why this works but it did for me. Just like other people that smoke it through just a normal pipe and it doesn't work that happened to me. So we smoked it through some water and immediately I blasted off and had a full breakthrough. If you cant breakthrough just give it a try what do you have to loose, I bet you it will work. Have fun and enjoy.