safe to take pills after they expire?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Rugor, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

Well I have these pills that say mylan 155 on them and they expired in 05. So if I take them will something bad happen? and are these pills even worth abusing they are mild pain killers?

2. WithoutGivingUp

WithoutGivingUp Member

they are propoxyphene right? are they pink?

they arent bad, my friend gave me a couple for my busted ribs not too long ago. i took 3 and got a somewhat mild hydrocodone-ish buzz so id say go for it if your into that.

and you will be fine, its definitely safe to take them after they expired. my mom gave me a few oxycodone 5mgs she had that said they expired in 93 for my ribs, and i took 4 and they still worked, and nothing bad happened.

at the very worst, the chemical your tryin to ingest might degrade a little and be less potent, but they dont become dangerous at all. you'll be fine.

3. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

k so a good dosage is 3? cus a site said they are very easy to overdose on if trying to use recreationally. I weight 120 pounds and im 5' 8"

4. elover

elover ritz with cheese

[​IMG]

If it's those don't even bother taking them...

5. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

yeah it's those. yeah I didn't take them guess they have no recreational use

6. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

Throw them bogus ass propoxyphene pills away, That medicine has been known to crystalize in the liver especially when combined with alcohol.. The acetaminophen is harsh enough to metabolize.... Those pills are intended for old ppl who are about to die anyway.. Totally useless recreationally........Totally useless for pain management also....