Sadness Is......

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Moonglow181, Nov 5, 2015.

1. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Sadness is trying out a 'knock-knock' joke on a homeless person....

1 person likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sadness is homeless people, and I help them in any way I can always.

3. Moonglow181

There was an old timer veteran of war sitting outside the grocery store here today,............and I never see them in this area. he looked sad and down trodden. You better believe, we gave him a few dollars......I felt so sad for him. His eyes were so sad.

1 person likes this.
  4. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

A beautiful, tragic part of life that has the ability to put a lot into perspective

5. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Driving up my street I saw a bird standing/waiting in the road.
    I started to slow
    Slower
    Slower
    I stopped , the bird would not move.
    I put on my flashers and got out to look at it.

It looked like this
    House-Finch-Identification-TruTech.jpg

His eyes were all closed up and crusty. He would not move as I got closer.
    I immediately thought that this bird knew in some way that it wanted its pain to be taken away and to be run over. It wanted to die.
    I put my finger under his belly and lifted up. The bird went onto my right finger.
    I carried the bird to our feeder that had seed, berries and nuts. I plopped him in and he tilted his head back n fourth as if he could see.
    I knew he couldn't, but I think He could smell the food

Within seconds he was eating.
    I walked away in tears knowing at least he didn't die hungry.
    I looked up his identity and the eye issue. He was suffering from a terminal eye disease that species gets.

I feel like that bird sometimes.

Wanting to die.
    Sometimes hope comes by
    Just at the right time
    Before my energy decides to fly.....

1 person likes this.
  6. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Really sad!

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

everything that makes me angry.

especially conditions people's priorities create (statistically), and then they try to blame god(s), 'demons', and cultures they try to pretend are more unlike their own then they really are.

how thoroughly the real 'american values', the ones actually practiced,
    hate both logic and consideration.

the frustration of how easy it would actually be, to NOT screw everything up,
    how easy it would be for people to live in ways that gave them what they enjoy and value, without doing so.

8. Moonglow181

:( Heartfelt and beautifully written.

When birds are going to die, they eat like crazy....to signal to others they are not dieing.....so they do not become prey. I have seen this with my little parakeets in the past....

1 person likes this.
  9. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Thanks moon...

Moonglow181 likes this.
  10. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

[​IMG]

Moonglow181 likes this.
  11. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Who's Ashley Matt and Leonardo?

12. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

They were just thanking the moon too!

1 person likes this.
  13. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

14. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

I'm sorry...I feel for people like that. Probably lost what he had and wandering. Wish I could help someone like that.

15. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Yes, sadness is a homeless veteran! This should not be happening!

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

Sadness is any one homeless in this day and age,

17. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Sadness is the loss of a beloved pet.

1 person likes this.
  18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Thinking highly of someone only to realize that they are just like everyone else.

19. Moonglow181

Yes, it is. I am still recovering from the loss of Crusher and Spanky this year. Life is not the same without them....

Last night I went to put the birds away for the night, and saw a green clump on the bottom of the cage. I was shocked with that thunderbolt of sadness all over again. Little Sweetie Pea was laying dead on the bottom of the cage, and I only had him since 2015, so I have no idea what killed him. He was a plump little thing, happy, lively and always cocked his head from side to side when I talked to him so cutely. I really loved that little bird.....and no parakeet has ever died this young on me just like that before. We buried him near the other parakeet by the lilac bush today.

The other parakeet, Sunshine, was sad and calling for him, after I removed Sweetie Pea last night...... and I read that these little birds can die of loneliness if a person is not spending lots of time with them.......so i told Sunshine..."Ok, I will get you another friend tomorrow...." I did not want to get any more birds after these two....but I cannot bear to watch Sunshine sitting all alone in his cage, either....

So today...Stan and i went to look at parakeets and most of them looked like Sweetie Pie....and i picked one who was very active...a livewire.....but then I lost track of him among the others and i could not think anymore, so i told Stan to pick one, and he did. he picked the one that was different from all of the rest.....another yellow with the palest of green colors on the underside and places....this bird was just sitting there quielty and not making any fuss....at all......ignoring all of the chatter around her.....I said ok.....so we bought this bird, and I am thinking this one may turn out to be a female this time.....so Sunshine may have a girlfriend now.....Sweetie Pea was his buddy.

I have named this bird Moonshine, since the other one is Sunshine......and she basically is very inactive...calmly just sitting on a perch or the swing in her new home all day, while Sunshine has been talking up a storm to her all day....

Sweetie Pea, I am so sorry. You were the sweetest little bird I ever had.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    ahsorandy likes this.
  20. Moonglow181

Moonshine is settling in just fine. She seems comfortable...the top of her beak is very pink.That is why i think she is female, but Sweet Pea had the top of hisbeak pink in the beginning, too, and it turned blue....so he was a boy...Same thing could happen again, i realize that.
    She is so muted in colors...her green looks pale gray in some lights.....her pupils are bigger than any parakeet i have ever seen. WOW! i did not notice her yesterday until Stan pointed her out....as she was in the green parakeet cage with countless others. and their bright colors caught my eye. I never even noticed this one.....

they also had a cage with 3 blue parakeets...the blue cage. I looked at them, too, as possibilities yesterday.

i am glad Stan picked Moonshine...he always picks excellently. She is awesome....and I will keep calling her she until I know differently.

Sunshine seems very happy again.

Moonshine is very MELLOW YELLOW.....smile.