Sadness Is......

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Moonglow181, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The restaurant could not have been doing very well. I never even knew about it or that it even existed until now.
    I want a photo or breed of the dog or something...to know what I will carry in my heart forever now....as a faceless creature is there forever anyway.

2. Moonglow181

3. Moonglow181

Every single day I get to be reminded about what i should feel sad about......and sad because there is nothing I can do, besides send a donation....nothing I do stops anything...The world gets worse and more cruel....
    I made a painting of a white seal once looking up with those puppy eyes, and called the painting..."Stop the Slaughter..."
    Sold that painting....This has always bothered me along with everything else....

"
    Four days ago, I awoke to devastating news: Just as my team and I were preparing once again for the annual travesty of Canada’s commercial seal slaughter, the government made a surprise decision to open the hunt today -- much earlier than in the past.
    This is tragic. There are likely mother seals still nursing their pups -- most born in just the past three weeks. But today, the peace of the nursery will be shattered by sealing boats smashing through the ice, blazing gunfire and the cries of wounded and dying animals. Sealers say they will kill adult seals until April, but if they kill nursing mothers, unweaned seal pups could be left to starve.
    It is crucial for mothers to give birth and nurse their pups in peace. Please make an urgent donation to continue the fight to help these animals, in addition to those suffering in research labs, on factory farms, in puppy mills and in other situations of cruelty and neglect.
    Normally, the year-round hunt is shut down just long enough to allow seals to give birth and nurse their pups. But this year, sealers and fishing lobby groups demanded that it be re-opened just 13 days later.
    Not only will the killing put nursing mothers at risk, but the slaughter could also disrupt the adult seals’ mating season and thereby impact the next generation as well. This is appalling. Instead of protecting the seals, the Canadian government has once again put common sense and decency aside to please commercial sealers.
    This disgusting display of brutality is tearing families apart. Please make a generous gift to protect seals and other animals facing merciless cruelties like this"

4. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

We were cleaning outside under the patio cover. I pulled a tarp off the table and chairs...mice scurrying around.
    A nest of dog hair, bird seed, and straw/grass was under the tarp.
    I picked up the nest and 4 baby mice dropped out. I was instantly saddened. I'm not saying anymore, but what I did was the most humane thing I could have done.

It's been 6 hours and I'm still sad about it.

5. Moonglow181

I love frogs, so i was startled last night when I went into the basement to get a box to mail something, and saw a huge bull frog in a dark green color sitting in the middle of the rug down there......I approached it cautiously and was going to capture it in a box to put back outside, but after closely examining it, I realized that it was dead....It must have blown itself up with air, as they do, to appear bigger, and died that way. My cats must have scared it...idk....and i wonder if a cat of mine brought it in the first place.....Spanky cat will do that...or it came in through a water drainage hole...as they sometimes can.Either way, I felt very sad.....awh, poor frog....:(.....I gently carry it back outside and put it in a safe place for nature to reclaim it.....but it made me feel very sad.

6. Moonglow181

7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Saw a snapper turtle dead from a vehicle hit on the side of the freeway. There's a little lagoon next to freeway where it came from. I've passed by the turtle 3 days now going home.

It's an ugly turtle but I still would have wanted to live out it's days in a lagoon and not getting hit.

View attachment 4288

8. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

... reading the latests news about Donald Duck....I mean .... Trump [​IMG]

9. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Saw two opossums killed on the side of the road.

Saw the first one dead and I was saddened. Saw the second one a couple of blocks later,I felt even worse.

10. Moonglow181

Moxy's puppies here...Galileo, Einstein and Winsome are going to be 7 years old on Saturday, July 8th.

I remember that day and the awful hot day that was....Moxy panting upstairs where she went under one of the beds....She was a baby still herself...and only turned 8 this past April.
    I encouraged her out and put the air conditioning on in my bedroom for her to be on a blanket in there and then went downstairs.......

About an hour later Stan yelled down to me..."Moxy gave birth and they are dead!"

i ran upstairs and found 2 birth sacks on the ground near were Moxy was......and ripped them open.....too late for one of the puppies, but the one to become named Gali was still breathing.........so i did CPR on him and put him near his mom......and stayed with Moxy until 4 other puppies were born. She started helping me rip open the birth sacks.....She was getting the hang of it and tuned into what was happening.....

Stan went for our next door neighbor, who is a vet, for help, and she came over, and luckily she was here from the city that day....and told me..."Gali had 50/50 chance,.,.24 hours would tell and that I did the right thing.....He is here...alive and well and much bigger than the rest of the pugs here.

Almost 7 years later.....I loved all the puppies and was sad to bury the one who drowned in his birth sack that day........and it took awhile to get over that. I did not know the puppies would be born in water balloons,....birth sacks...or I would never have left Moxy's side in the first place, so I blamed myself....for awhile.

All 5 puppies were with Moxy and me until they were 8 weeks old....

I loved them all and wanted them all....oh, so cute.....all fit in the palm of my hand almost at first......but I knew I could not keep all.....and should not have kept as many as I did....3 of them......so we adopted 2 of them out to the same family....One I called Shakespeare, who was renamed Frankie...and the runt of the litter I called Sage, who was renamed Penny.....One family took Shakespeare and their daughter took Sage for her family.....

They brought the two over the next year on July 8th for a family reunion....but other than that I have not seen the other two pugs or got to know them really....

so sadness is today.... a little while ago.....we got a call that Frankie died from a brain tumor this passed Saturday....He was playing and collapsed and went into a coma.....was taken to the vet, who told them what was wrong, and they had to put him to sleep.

2 years ago, Champy, their father died here with me and Stan by his side, at age 13......It was two years ago, July 1st....

I feel so sad....Poor Frankie.....poor Frankie...and will one of the pugs here just collapse one day from a brain tumor? I am scared now, too...

The wife is devastated.....and crying.....so much. Frankie was her dog......

so we were also told they will be adopting another pug soon from PA.....

Poor Frankie, though...i am so sorry....:(,,,,,you did not even make it to your 7th birthday.....

Penny, I am told, is doing fine.

11. Moonglow181

OMG...it just dawned on me....Saturday was July 1st, too.....the same day Champy died. Frankie....I hope you are with your father.....In times like these, I so hope that life continues......and it is nice to think that somehow it does..

Champy was so proud the day the puppies were born. he knew.

He led the next door neighbor upstairs and showed her were we all were that day.

12. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Take her to the vet and go without dessert for the next month or two

13. Moonglow181

Did you see the date of that, JP? I wrote that on Nov.....2015. yes, Moxy has diabetes and gets two shots of insulin every day....12 hrs apart.....She gets no desserts. She is on a strict diet of white turkey meat.....I have to cook a turkey every week for her, mixed with spinach, carrots and sometimes rice...... That is her standard slosh now for...It took so long to get insulin levels right with every 2 week check ups....and finally she is at 9 and stablizing there.......for now....

Not much sweet stuff for the other pugs, either. I do not want any more diabetic pugs.
    They get meat, rice, too for meals.....but mostly meat, as that is what a dog's diet should be.....70% protein meat.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sadness is something i would totally not mind living without
    (even when that means living with what someone else might call boredom)

15. Moonglow181

I tried to share a just under 2 min video I made in Aug 2010 not long before Shakespeare pug left here....but it was too big to share the regular way and photobucket did not even show it from my file....so i gave up. That is a shame. I know no other way to share a home made video here. I do not post things on u tube.
    This has affected me very deeply. I was so sad yesterday. At the time, it was like Sophie's choice trying to pick which of the 5 could leave......I will never put myself through that again.

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Opening The Pizza Box And Discovering You Have Already Eaten The Last Slice... :bigcry: ....Then Walking To

The Fridge To Drink Away Your Sadness Only To Discover The Wine Bottle You Put In The Fridge

To Chill Is Infact An Empty One Left Over From Last Week...... :bigcry:

Tears Glen.

2 people like this.
  17. Moonglow181

Ok, I am trying to download my little video of Shakespeare, who I called Willoughby that day in this video.....This link works for me....I hope it does for you,, too...If not, I apologize. I tried.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amo2VRtuMeiigQxAVRjX2ErPh8sc

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

pavement is sadness.
    i wish i could explain why in a way everyone could understand.

19. Moonglow181

pavement is sadness as trees were cut down to make it?

Now, Shakespeare was adopted out, as he ran to the family when they came here to pick which one they wanted....and he stayed by them........so I let him tell me.....at the time...I obviously loved him so much as you can see in my video above. They wanted Sage all along, and she was one I did not want to part with. She is the only one who kissed me as a tiny thing. I was so sad to say yes to them about her....and did not get over it for so very long. Winsome, the other female of the litter, who is here...would not go near anyone else...and ran and hid if anyone came over to look. She told me in no uncertain terms..."I'M STAYING HERE!".....lol

I was all about Gali, as he was my biggest concern at his birth and i had to give him the most attention at first to see him through.....and Stan and my brother wanted Einstein....aka Alvin....lol....to stay here all along......and I am glad he did. He is the comedian and heart stealer everywhere and with everyone...Gali is sensitive and Winni is the boss....:

At the time...i wanted to keep all of them.....but...my hands have been more than full with keeping 3......and it has not been easy....in some ways....Constant vet bills....making them all feel just as loved with no jealousies....and so on.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people not noticing things that affect other people unless they're in their own lives or visibly large.
    trees make a great emblem but they're only the tip of the iceberg.

there is a whole perspective that is invisible to people
    when most have never seen and seldom imagined anything else.

multiple generations have grown up knowing only citys and cars,
    an illogical combination itself,

there are so many aspects of this people take for granted,
    i don't even begin to know how to explain why this is a problem.

well personal relationships are natural enough,
    but that being the only thing left in most people's lives that is,
    isn't. but people are so used to this, it just never occurs to them
    this might be a problem.

they have this vague feeling of things not being quite right,
    but can never put their finger on it because anything else is completely outside of their experience.

they think the only thing else is something other people have made up about gods.
    science is way of in some tiny corner they don't even entirely have the slightest idea what that is.

that the dirt beneath the pavement and beneath their feet where it isn't paved over,
    is just something to wash of, with no conception or concern how it is any part of their own lives.

this is fine as long as everything keeps everything running,
    but none of us live in a universe that guarantees that.

nature does this interaction in ways that are constantly changing to stabilize themselves,
    but our infrastructure, which is really cool and wonderful and fun,
    a lot of it, but it is only stable, as long as we are able to make it look that way,
    and too many of us in relation to the resources it takes to do that,
    this illusory stability becomes increasingly difficult to maintain.

pavement is one of many factors that affect climate,
    but more then that, is also a predominant one that disconnects
    people from awareness beyond their own immediate survival as individuals
    within their own species.

even a majority of what is now a minority,
    of the people who don't live in cities,
    think in terms that either do look beyond humanity,
    or see only humanity at the center of it,
    and thus totally don't see the problem either.

now i'm not saying there aren't a lot people who don't see that there is a problem,
    but not even most of them, really see the problem itself or why it is one.

i think i am unwisely wasting words
    that perhaps no amount of them
    can illustrate what and why this sadness is.

so i make pictures, not to illustrate the sadness,
    most pictures are full of it and people don't see it there either,
    but to illustrate what everyone would have,
    if we didn't keep making ourselves this sadness,
    by the only way dominant mundane 'main stream' culture knows how to look at anything.