Saddam ready to help US forces fight ”insurgency” AP

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by catstevens, Jun 26, 2006.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

[​IMG]
    Link:
    *Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I don't doubt that he could play a role. For the US to promote Chalabi, in favour of Sadamm was just trying to play a money game, which has worked to this point. Chalabi has proven he could be bought and sold. I am sure most of the Iraqi populus is aware of what his true convictions are.

Although Chalabi didn't become Prime Minister or President, whatever they are calling it over there, he still holds a lot of power with the neo-cons that caused this war. No wonder there is dissension in Iraq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Chalabi

3. catstevens

gardener
    Whether that man was Chalabi or not, This kind of people US like to work with[​IMG]Don't ya think so? reaching their goals, that's what the US is looking for, isn't it?

*Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

4. gardener

Not the US as a whole but the powerful folks under corporate sponsorship certainly.

I read an interview once with soldiers that were in charge of supervising Sadam after his capture, and from reading what they had to say, I came to the conclusion that he wasn't the monster that was painted in the press. Bush will never allow Sadam to assist.

5. catstevens

gardener
    Of cource
    If you have a link for that interview pls post it.
    I don't think US is that much stupid, they should be careful , they don't want to be exposed, Saddam probably is outdated now =)
    *Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

6. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

Saddam sell out...?.... NEVER!

7. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Same thing was said about Col. Khadafi for a long long time before you were born and just look at him now.

8. gardener

9. Leopold Plumtree

Leopold Plumtree Member

While Saddam's 'bout the only one who knows how to maintain something closer to order in that country, I don't see the US takin' 'im up on 'is offer...but they might have to should he be acquitted. ;)

10. catstevens

Thank you gardener ^^​
    Have a nice day
    *Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

11. gardener

When your capitol is bombed and some of your family killed I guess, you might change your way of thinking. As a US citizen I did not condone this action, and neither do I condone what happened in Iraq. What would we think if our capitol was bombed? There are somethings that should be handled though non-violent negotiation. Because you are bigger and have more fire power is no excuse. I am ashamed that the US has become the biggest bully of the world. And we allow Israel to egg us on.

This new violence in Palestine, erupted because innocent vacationers were shot while vacationing on a beach. But what to we hear on the news, that one Israeli soldier is being held, but what about the people killed on the beach?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5065008.stm

Israel hasn't even accepted official responsibility for this. Hamas has held a self imposed ceasefire for a year. What have the Israelis been doing..

What does a cease fire mean, that only one side puts up their guns? Hamas hasn't been active, who has?