Sad time in Alaska

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by freeinalaska, Jun 8, 2006.

1. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah Kittyfabulous, that was good news. They did lower the amount from four ounces to one ounce, but hey this is much better.
    No doubt. We do have our own meth problems here as well. I was quite indignant when some Republican senator from Anchorage was quoted on the front page of the Fairbanks paper saying, "I don't care if they're high on meth or stoned on pot it's all the same to me." This is total misinformation. To compare my wife and I and other stoners to meth heads is ridiculous and insulting. I don't know any meth heads that keep jobs and sucessfully home school their kids.

2. Gandalf 1337

Gandalf 1337 Member

What's sickening is that people don't see marijuana any differently as other illegal drugs. It's like comparing caffeine to hard alcohol ten times over.

3. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

I think, medically, if you compared either caffiene or hard alcohol with pot, pot would win for toxicity. You can't fatally OD on pot. You can on both caffiene and alcohol.