Sad time in Alaska

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by freeinalaska, Jun 8, 2006.

1. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My state of Alaska has had some of the most liberal maijuana laws in the US.....until last friday when Gov Murkowski signed into law a bill that recriminalized Marijuana. Over the last few years several judges have reafirmed the right to privacy in our state constitution as reason to not convict people caught growing. Murkowski slid the marijuana recriminalization into a bill about meth. One Republican state congressman stated, "I don't care if their high on meth or stoned on weed. It's all the same to me."

I grow weary of the anti-marijuana propaganda that our state law makers have used to change the laws of our state. To compare me and my wife (and all other smokers) to a meth freak is outrageous.

The ACLU now has a lawsuit against the state and this new law, so hopefully we can go back to where we were for the last 30 years.

2. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

but i also heard that nevada is voting on legalization next year. and what i heard is that there is a very high possibility that it will be legalized. then maybe the other states will follow its example

3. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

We were the example to be followed. Last year we came close (46% for) legalization for anyone over 18, with convicted growers and dealers actually getting out of jail. The bill was a little to much. If it had been toned down it would have probably passed.

4. mr.morrison

well, maybe now that mexico legalized everything, america will have more drug problems with mexicans importing coke and shit in and will see that weed isnt so much of a danger and at least decriminalize it so they can concentrate on stopping the "bad" drugs

5. Sezzy

Sezzy Member

actually the american government pressured fox into rethinking signing the bill

6. theshaman

theshaman Member

Yeah, I read about that on here a few days ago. That really sucks, because I am moving to Alaska, probably after I get out of college. Hopefully it will be decriminalized again soon. I'm still gonna live there, though. Went RVing last year with my dad all around Alaska, and now I'm hooked.

7. mr.morrison

shit, i couldnt stand the cold. i hate smoking when im cold anyway. thats why i wanna move to like arizona or nevada one day

8. CannabisReX

CannabisReX Member

i might be wrong but i think Colarado has decrimilized marijuana i think its legal for anyone over 18 and you can only have up to an ounce on you for personal use, so in one bag and shit. But ya thats hella gay ive always wanted to go up to alaska and grow pot and get a house up in the hills and shit well maybe theyll pass marijuana agian when i decided to move there

9. KParker730

KParker730 Member

its only denver that has decriminalized it. and its still illegal by federal law. so that means the law was just kinda symbolic i guess. you can still get arrested for possesion, just not by city police

10. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

okay, i really want to know the importance of this statement, can someone explain it to me? what does fox have to do with anything? what "bill" - is it the alaskan bill or some other one? im so confused

11. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

He's saying that the U.S. is pressuring the presiden tof Mexico into recriminalizing drugs in Mexico.

12. KParker730

KParker730 Member

mexicos president vicente fox signed a bill to allow most drugs in mexico. our president was pressuring him not to.

13. KParker730

KParker730 Member

Woah hey i didnt see you already answered that

14. SpcdCwby

SpcdCwby Member

Hey Wonder Boy. I have a buddy up in Kelowna. Funny to see a friend's town on here....

On Alaska, that's fucking bullshit. Makes you wonder just how much bribe (lobbyist) money Murkowski got from the drug companies on that one. What a fuckstick. I had my wife talked into moving up there too. Hopefully things will go back to normal. WTF, I mean come on, really people... From what I understand, to get to a large majority of the towns in Alaska, you have to boat or fly. Small population, snow upto your ass and daylight 6 months out of the year. Who are they really going to hurt up there with a little bit of pot? If anything, it probably helps a lot of the year round residents cope with being holed up in their houses all winter and dealing with the daylight all summer. Fucking politicians anyhow. Unfortunately, our eldest population believed them when they said that we needed more government. Now look where we are. Foo fucked six different ways from Sunday and no way to get out of the mess we're in.

Anyhow, how is the smoke up there? Is there a lot of good bud floating around in the commercial market? What do these new laws mean for the Privacy Act where you're allowed to have 25 plants/house?

Best wishes all and NEVER believe any sort of person who has anything to do with any public office. They're all a bunch of lying bastards.

15. Pmeth

Pmeth Member

WOW you are SO LUCKY
    since i live in Ontario canada , i was caught with less then a gram of hash on me and i have to go to court and get a criminal record
    ugh
    Why cant people see that Marijuana is better then alchohal.

16. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

Not recriminalizing, because the bill never passed to begin with. It was proposed, and Fox wouldn't play ball due to US pressure.

17. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

Good news, gentlemen: http://www.aclu.org/drugpolicy/decrim/26119prs20060711.html

18. aarn321

aarn321 Member

Well, at least 1/50th of the U.S. has it right.

America, the land of the sorta free.

19. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

This IDIOT Murkowski needs to make a visit to the Midwest so he get a first hand look at the meth epidemic. No diff between stoners and tweakers? He must have never met a tweaker. Stoners ROCK!!! TWEAKERS SUCK!!!

20. theshaman

theshaman Member

I know what you mean. I wouldn't be scared if I was walking through the woods around some property we own, and stumbled upon a dozen plants. But I was scared when I stumbled upon a meth lab in a trailer. In the middle of the forest. I hope it doesn't catch fire.