Sacred geometry meditation

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by stalk, Oct 14, 2008.

1. stalk

stalk Banned

Do you study pranayama? if not, IMO, you should.
    It's the art of breath. There are many different styles and techniques.

When I was shown this website by a member here, I'd never seen or practiced this particular breathing technique, especially at the rhythm that the voice told me to do so, but I went along with it anyway and it was very effective at putting me in a trance.

When you breathe in and out through your nose your stimulate the main 2 nadhi's ida and pingala that run through your body.

http://images.google.com/images?q=i...US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

I'm not exactly sure why they want you to do it this way,
    it's just another method.

There are MANY methods.

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I dont study it but I dont think I will, until I have any reason to believe that breathign out the nose is any different to breathing out the mouth. I dont think it is. Breathin in through the nose, out through the mouth seems to be the most effective breathing method for being calm, getting the right amount of air, preventing dryness
    If I want to go a step further, I feel like the last instructions become most appropriate - take each breath how you feel you should. I really dont think a pattern of breathing in or out through the nose is going to do much more than keep you focussed on your breathing (if you have to breath in a pattern then you have to focus on each breath), but im willing to be shown some light

3. stalk

stalk Banned

lol, you are a funny guy.

4. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

Breathing through the nose allows a deep breath into that organ below your lungs called the diaphram. Then, you can slowly fill up your lungs afterwards. I can't get full inhales and exhales in the amount of time he was telling me too at that website, but it still felt really refreshing to just follow at his pace. Felt lots of energy coming in, really love getting lost in that tingling sensation.

Sick website Stalk. I didn't know I had to press play on that image though so I kinda just stared at it the whole time lol. But I did notice different patterns as I was looking at it. I'll try it legit this time lol.

And why is everyone talking smack on New Age lol? New age from my reasoning only applies to finding joy and the inner spirit without expectations from external/materialistic pursuit, kinda the opposite of what people are saying about it.

But good site Stalk. Got anything else you check out like this?

5. stalk

stalk Banned

I was recommended this by a hipforums member, I love it! I need to check it out again...

she said she found it thru stumbleupon...so maybe try there. ;)

6. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

that'd be a he.

7. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

i usually do that and go under water while holding my last breath at the pool. man i can stay until i die underwater like like ...

8. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

I needed that right now. Glad it was posted so I could easily find it:)

What a pissy mood I have been in today!

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

cool sig pic, marie!

if there is anythign such as sacred geometry i think it is also contained in that picture

10. stalk

stalk Banned

how can you not believe in sacred geometry?
    it's what the entire universe is composed of..:D

it's just been coined "Sacred geometry" over the years, you can look it up...

mandelbrot set

for example...

11. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

It really is. It kinda tripped me out how after watching it spin it started to look like the formation of a swirling galaxy you often see in books that contain images of space and the like. I also started witnessing the golden ratio in that shit too. Awesome.

(And for the non believers I'd recommend checking out the golden ratio, it's elements are comprised in almost everything in the world from animal life to plant life to human life and probably to some objects and buildings too.)

12. stalk

stalk Banned

13. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

14. stalk

stalk Banned

indeed. :)

15. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

The universe probably looks like a giant mandelbrot sequence then lol, if we could ever view it from the outside subjectively.

16. TheKitch

TheKitch Member

The link isn't working :(...

17. stalk

stalk Banned

wow...

it's gone...

isn't that amazing?

I'm glad we got to witness it while it lasted.

18. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

why is it gone?

19. cataclysmic cognition

cataclysmic cognition Member

naw its back. the geomoetry is quite trance inducing, good find

20. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I can be skeptical about sacred geometry because, for example, I was once baffled by the golden ratio. How could it be that this ratio existed almost everywhere in nature??? It must be divine!!!
    But with further investigation you see that the golden ratio has a lot of properties that lead to its occurance. Evolution will always push toward the golden ratio because of its unique qualities.
    Since the golden ratio no longer seemed divine, but instead, 'possibly divine' and 'possibly contingent', i cannot 'believe in sacred geometry'. There is nothing uniquely sacred about any geometry.. geometry exists in human minds. Perhaps the divine nature of certain geometries says more about their relationship to the mechanics of our brain than it does to the higher meaning of the universe.