Sabbath's "13"....Honest thoughts!

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by ClintonsSon, Jun 19, 2013.

1. a jackal

a jackal Member

only song i listened to was God is Dead?
    i liked it, i forgot all about it though, might listen to the album soon

2. cosmoc

cosmoc Guest

I have heard bits and pieces and they sound great...I can't really give an honest critique or interpretation right now, but I will once I listen to it fully.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I saw Sabbath live on Monday, they were really good. Ozzy sang well considering his age, a slight slip up on Children of the Grave and maybe one or two other noticeable missed notes but other than that it was fantastic. Somehow the song Black Sabbath felt really fuckin eerie performed at their age, it was great.

Songs they played from the new album were Age of Reason, God is Dead?, and The Beginning of the End

4. offset

offset Senior Member

After no-no albums like Never Say Die and avery few others, the "boys" have made an awesome comeback (with tour starting in MY beloved Australia, which I attended of course). Greatr album by a GREAT band and who the hell cares if Bill Ward wasn't on skins (former RATM drummer did the job majestically!!!!):):)

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I have listened to it as well and I even prefer Never say die above 13. It was just as boring and uninspired (from my humble opinion) as I thought. :(

6. madman32x

madman32x Member

The only song I like from 13 is Age of reason. Ozzy just can't sing anymore, sadly.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, I was doubting are the lyrics really that uninspired or was it just that Ozzy can't deliver them well anymore... I think both. Some of the instrumental parts aren't too bad but not anywhere as good as I'm used of them.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Hmmm... I haven't dissected the lyrics too thoroughly but I found the lyrics pretty quality for the most part, I was impressed Ozzy was able to tap into his Sabbath side on the record rather than write songs more like his solo stuff.