russophobia

Discussion in 'Russia' started by Ann-Akim, May 21, 2007.

1. Ressotaspiks Man

Ressotaspiks Man Member

Yeah , secretiveness , thats another Russian trait ;)LOL
    Cynical Spacer....:)
    Hmm , people mention that.
    I went out with a Russian girl ( ok , lapdancer, who didnt even live in England , say whatever u want...),
    people didnt tend to openly express their views but I think there was a bit of "ahh she's a foreigner too , u cant trust em" from some.
    I was never really able to work out whether it was jealousy or caution from some people( probably the former).

I dont think people in Russia ( unlike the Ukraine and Belorussians)
    are really as keen to emigrate now , as much as they were say even 2 years ago?

(Unless ofcourse theyre Chechen Muslim oil oligarchs who were planning to announce their presidential opposition to Putin , while out on a gay rights march in Moscow...:) )

2. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

I agree.
    Same about United States. I'm neither anti-russian, nor anti-american, but you bet that I'm no friend of either Putin or Bush...

3. Ressotaspiks Man

Ressotaspiks Man Member

I gotta disagree with you there Peace Phoenix , altho I think much of what youre saying stems from the warped media that an American cabal likes to perpetuate.

Regarding democracy:-
    American "democracy" is simply a good cop bad cop charade.The same families , owning the same companies who concoct the same false debate with stooge candidates ( George Bush and his skill and bones war criminal friend Kerry)
    .Then they decide whos eligible to vote ( Jeb Bush and Bush's father's judges)
    and fiddle the results with computer voting that no one can check.

England , India , Argentina , Greece , Iraq etc etc, as democracies these countries are similar very bad jokes.

The Russians I speak to want authoritarian leaders to lock up oligarchs who plundered her resources in the post Communist chaos with CIA backing and all manner of violence.
    Rival parties are often just the toys of the rich Western backed oligarchs anyway.

The corruption was caused by the American invented "free market" nonsense thats just anarchy by another name.The powerful threatening the weak.With the state taking back energy companies maybe there can be more equality again and the disease can now be treated.

As for democracy , you cant have it without all groups having equal power in the media and organs of power.Democracies arent that common.
    Communist Russia probably had a better one than most.
    Better one real party than two or three fake ones.

Vlad , thats another cheque u owe me :)