Russia Says It Will Arrest Openly Gay Tourists

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jul 12, 2013.

1. odonII

odonII O

It seems like you never care.
    One or two off the cuff remarks - I can see that happening.
    3-4 long posts over the course of a couple of days?
    That's intentional.
    Is there some need to hear your own voice?
    There really isn't any need to purposely post hateful comments.
    Especially repeating the same point about 6 times.
    (Isn't there anything in the guidelines about this type of behaviour?)

I don't think there is a commonly used word.
    I said the other word was from the 60s, because there were certain words that seemed to be ok to be used on TV.
    'Poof' and 'sissy' being more mainstream words.
    'Don't be such a sissy' In other words 'Don't be so gay' offensive.
    'poof' seems to have been a more derogatory term in place of 'sissy'.
    'Poof' was aimed at gay people rather than those that were 'acting a little bit gay' - if that makes sense.
    Due to truly awful words being acceptable to be used at various times of the day, it's difficult to know any common words a lot of people use today.
    I would say: 'Take your pick'.
    I'd say not that many people say: 'Fag'.
    But any and every other word(s) is/are floating around these days.

2. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

A country as big & old as Russia knows they can't dictate who sleeps with who. They are talking about overt public demonstrations. That grants gay people the freedom do anything they want in private. I wouldn't get my panties in a knot over this.

3. odonII

odonII O

No. But I think the general idea was garnered from an earlier post.
    The other posts are just over-kill/attention seeking.
    Much like the next post will be.
    Lets see how many points you repeat.

4. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Yes, and opinions such as this one certainly don't provide fuel for some of the kids who would choose to pick on a gay couple's adopted child, right?

Do you know any gay couples who have adopted children?

5. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Children pick on each other for the most inane things, even for something as simple as wearing glasses. Children picking on children will never be anything new.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Maybe that's because you have the freedom to hold hands or kiss the person of your choosing while out in public.

If that freedom was taken away from you then you might feel differently.

7. unedited

unedited Member

Russian state knows that lgbt people make an easy target, gives the gov a way of breeding and controlling the nasty thug element in their society.

they got a growing problem with neonationalism, and the queers are being used as 'safe' hate material.

It's fucking sick.

8. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

The thing about pushing Russia's 'freedom' buttons is that there is still the old guard living who existed under communism & saw law & order & no social wavering from the party line. It doesn't take much to teeter the new, more democratic thinking, through anything the old schoolers can point the finger at & bring back the former USSR. I think Putin is walking that fine line & so making this public prohibition. It's not the USA where people can be pushy in insisting on their rights. Every country is at a different stage of growth, with some of them way the hell back there like the Muslim countries with hate groups trying to revert to Sharia Law. So, tread lightly. I still think from a purely political point of view that Modern day Russia under Putin & on from the Gorbachev era is trying to walk a fine line between China & the US. Hell, look at China if you want repression... Russia has come a long way, but every country still has a long long way to go.

9. Ulver56

Ulver56 Banned

What hope is there for the humanity when we still have racism sexism and the one and homophobia. Really its not even write anymore not that it was. Seriously a country like Russia who suffered so brutally under Nazi Germany. You would think they would have gone the other way and being pro gay. Sigh. Makes me sad very very sad.

10. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica (AP) — Dwayne Jones was relentlessly teased in high school for being effeminate until he dropped out. His father not only kicked him out of the house at the age of 14 but also helped jeering neighbors push the youngster from the rough Jamaican slum where he grew up.
    By age 16, the teenager was dead — beaten, stabbed, shot and run over by a car when he showed up at a street party dressed as a woman. His mistake: confiding to a friend that he was attending a "straight" party as a girl for the first time in his life. (Cont'd...)

http://news.yahoo.com/jamaica-transgender-teen-murdered-mob-070446416.html

I don't condone murder, especially out of gender, race or any superficial hatred including which ball club you are rooting for. And people have been murdered for lesser reasons. But sometimes I don't think people will ever get over their prejudices regardless of how much you lecture about tolerance or try to educate them. Isn't it smarter not to advertise it? Aren't there just certain things you don't tell people because of the extreme negative reaction it will bring? You just don't publicly tell the fat lady she is fat even though everyone knows it is unhealthy to be obese. I guess society isn't ready for some things, probably since it cuts so close to personal sexual choices which others expect them to make or to have made. And because of that it is mainstream thinking that you are either on one side or the other, but if you are not, then you may be some sort of infiltrator trying to get to people of the same sex & they feel threatened by you. And like the energy of pure emotion, sex is one of the strongest impulses people instinctually possess, so you are messing with enflamed passions & raw personal emotion, some of the essences of the Universe. It's like pride, —people will die for their pride & fight those who disrespect them quicker than those who rob them. It's ego & in flaunting it you are going against most peoples' grain. Maybe Russian law just realizes this will happen. If you ban it, this will happen; but if you allow it, there will be similar outcomes. So they just pick a conservative choice of keeping up appearances rather than the opposite. Kind of six of one & half dozen of the other. Which side does the law choose to err on... Law by its very nature is restrictive rather than permissive. One feature is to keep the individual or the minority from offending the majority. Governments generally go with the popular vote. They want to keep the peace. Who is paying their tax salaries to support them with votes & keep them in office. In a perfect World, this would not have happened. But it's not a perfect World. That doesn't make it right, but you have to buck up to reality here. There are certain things that may be OK but people frown on them, —Taboos. All tribal societies have them. You can do them, but they are going to beat you to death for doing them, because, certain things in the collective mind are just 'taboo'. And human beings are still primitive. Don't give me that evolutionary fiction —we are all just one step from behaving like our lower selves. Look at revolutions, famines, riots & other forms of social chaos & observe the way people act. That's all you have to do is step on someone's pride, let alone on a collected mob's mentality to see a force seize people that is as primordial as you can imagine, having no higher logic, control or purpose but destruction of the imagined offender.

11. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I agree

12. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

That sounds VERY naughty.
    Putin in Mexican Spanish means superslut
    [Macho = Stud, Machin = Superstud, Puta = Slut, Putin = Superslut]

Anyways slapping men's asses inside a jail is very fetish sissy boy gay related activity.

On a more Sirius note:

I think all those queer Arrabs and Latinos and even Americans could benefit from such laws except jails would become like gay bathhouses ... full of queers in the shower all day.

I say just kill 'em all !

[​IMG]

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That wouldn't be reflecting of the creator's incarnate love, now would it?

14. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

Generally, in my life as an artist, I've observed that 'good-looking people' date the opposite sex, while less good-looking people or extremely superficial personalities are relegated to date the same. Sheahhh...know what?!

Maybe deal with it at home rather than trying to export it. It's obviously not a highly marketable item or it would go viral worldwide.

PS: And some of you guys are real numbies...

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Are you being serious?

16. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

13 August 2013 Last updated at 11:35 ET

Gay people in Russia are under pressure over their sexual orientation, 20 years after the country decriminalised homosexuality.

A bill banning gay "propaganda" among juveniles has raised fears that the community is being scapegoated by populist politicians.

Hate crimes against gay people in Russia have made headlines abroad, even if the true scale of the problem is hard to quantify.

Here BBC News looks at some of the issues.

Just how hard is life for gay people in modern Russia?

Perhaps one day there will be a study as representative as the EU's recent, pioneering five-year survey of its lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people. In the meantime, international gay rights watchdogs like Ilga-Europe have been monitoring the situation.

In its latest assessment of 49 European states, Ilga-Europe rated Russia as the hardest for gay people to live in. Its report - compiled even before the propaganda law was passed - looked at everything from hate crime to family recognition.

(Read More)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23604142

17. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I was actually watching the colbert report the other day. Apparentally this is also begining to effect the winter olympics. It also talked about a small country town that is very pro gay. It made me happy as an appalachian american. Vicco Kentucky

18. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

Yeah, I definitely know that bully thing, have had to leave places because of those guys. They grow up warped like that & carry it into adulthood. Abusive childhoods? It's amazing how they never stop thinking like that. Artists get it all the time because we don't walk around with our chests puffed out & our fists clenched since our nerdy brains are usually working on our next great idea. Yeah, I can relate there. And I'm not even gay, but just have long hair. You have to watch out for them, they're out to spoil your day. There was a movie with Greg Kinnear in it playing the artist role & I think Jack Nicholson was in it too. I forget the name, but my late buddy Dan said it was typical. At that time I hadn't experienced it as an adult but when I left his place I went to being a street artist & there are guys who are adults that try to do that shit to you, treat you like that from some preformed opinions about Creatives. It's fucking disgusting, so although I'm straight there is something about sensitive people that attracts assholes to attack them, I can totally relate on that score.

19. sid0rg

sid0rg Guest

feeling so shame for whole my country :bigcry:

20. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I just looked up Logical Fallacy in the dictionary and it showed me this post.