Russia Says It Will Arrest Openly Gay Tourists

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jul 12, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Some countries devolve faster than others too.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

A government is not the whole country.

Which one(s) were you thinking about?

3. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

In archaeological terms, the fall of Sodom & Gomorrah signified the demise of a prominent civilization. And even atheist don't want to go there. It's funny, but people who don't even believe in God are even more prone to superstition since they are opposing opinions. And what happened to those cities is a major curse of historical fact, that bears out this day among the Arabs. It's like DON'T GO THERE!

If you don't believe in God, you might think twice about excavating the tomb of an ancient Egyptian Pharoah or some of the stuff Nostradamus spoke about. Curses are for the unbelieving. If you'd see the movie, "The Man Who Saw Tomorrow", narrated buy Orson Wells, it is clearly seen.

I haven't observed that unbelievers are less spooked by the unknown, but more so. You can see it in the cable shows on the supernatural; ghost hunters, etc. It's not that they don't think there's something there (in the spirt world) —it's just that they want proof!

I think society hedges around these issues until someone makes the 'big dare' —but then no matter how unbelieving they might be they turn out to be chicken shit or people won't got there. So fess up you Atheists, and Supreme Court Judges —you want to believe but you just want proof. (Well it doesn't work in that order, —just the other way around. Believe & then you will see).

And,hey! If you want fries with that (a miracle) you might try believing to begin with & then you might see, feel, touch experience things. That's why Jesus told them, 'A wicked generation seeketh after a sign; and no sign shall be given save the sign of the prophet Jonas.' (Life=belief/death=unbelief) There's just no other way in your dealings with an invisible God. :-(

4. odonII

odonII O

What on earth are you talking about?

5. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

This.

Also, this.

And this.

Strange flesh: flesh which is not familiar... adultery?

6. unedited

unedited Member

Er... whufuh? I don't know what unbelievers you been talking to but they clearly need to take less drugs.

SCIENCE love, SCIENCE. I don't want proof of 'god' or spirit worlds or spooky egyptian curses being true or any sh*t like that. I'm sincerely not interested in anything that would pretend to be 'proof' of it. Like I wouldn't really be interested in any 'proof' that Superman was a real life guy.

And science says discriminating against someone for their sexuality is a)stupid and b)says more about your own underlying psychological structures than anything else.

No offense. :)

7. unedited

unedited Member

No seriously, what on earth are you on about? :|

8. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Basically, Sodom and Gomorrah weren't destroyed because of homosexuality.

[​IMG]

9. Asmodean

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D
    [​IMG]

10. odonII

odonII O

Read it again, and then tell me what it means with a little more detail.

It seems like a wall of words with no meaning.

11. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

I'm not a preacher; however, I can't find anything within the language of either of those verses that indicates homosexuality as the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. (i.e. how could homosexuality involve foreign flesh?)

Inhospitality, in those days, usually meant death in arid regions.

The term "fornication," according to etymology, refers to prostitution.

Interpretation, for those who truly believe, should be something that is personal (self-serving interpretations aside).

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I still think the best idea is for a government to keep itself separate from religion.

13. Asmodean

Happily that's not the biggest problem in Russia :p

14. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Translation: no official religion, and no laws based upon religious conviction.

15. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

So then why can't gay people get married?

16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

States can have individual laws...

17. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

They can--in certain states. This has consistently been an issue of states' rights, and as far as I'm concerned, the Supreme Court's recent action on DOMA has cleared up any ambivalence that may have existed.

That's why they chose not to rule on the Prop 8 issue, as that would've created additional problems with regard to voters' rights.

Because of the SCOTUS ruling on DOMA, there may come a time when a state will be required to recognize a gay marriage that was conducted in another state where it is legal, regardless of whether or not that state has chosen to allow gay marriages.

18. unedited

unedited Member

Oh right, I see. kk.

19. lode

lode Banned

So if I pee on a mummy and don't get cursed, can we all agree there's no god?

20. Asmodean

Not really, perhaps there wasn't a curse placed on all pharao's tombs;)