Russia Says It Will Arrest Openly Gay Tourists

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jul 12, 2013.

1. lovely0

lovely0 Member

Oh Russia, such a silly regime. But, who is perfect?

2. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I wonder if anyone is aware of what they are threatening to do in Syria...anyone predict a new cold war betwen the U.S and Russia?

3. cjfc

cjfc Member

why does Russia hate gays so much whats wrong with them they have done nothing wrong my Mothers cousin is gay and he is great. Russia seems to be going backwards back into communism.

4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

I don't understand Russia. Such a beautiful and intelligent people. Such horrible living conditions and politicians. It is the country of cognitive dissonance.

5. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

But they in Russia did grant amnesty today to the Greenpeace arctic 30. They are officially free and allowed to go home with the criminal court case ended. You may check the information on the front of Greenpeace International web site.

Thus they mean that they want the fad to assume the natural point of view for human nature, which they apparently exploit for the view of cognitive free will with the view that man has a naturopathic wholeness (opposed to homeopathic). Human nature is medicine applied to the world of curious institutions.:cool:

6. Shale

Shale ~

Not communism, it's the Orthodox Church. The communist regimes suppressed religions as competition. The Soviet Union was officially an atheist nation. When they overthrew the Czar they also overthrew the Church which supports any monarchy.

Now they are going back to pre Soviet times. Maybe Putin will take the title of Czar.

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

QUOTE: "The communist regimes suppressed religions as competition."

The communist regimes as under the principle of disbanding "bourgeois property", physically liquidating it? The religions are like competitions to buy property for the more loser families; maybe these families could be more sexually verial, and thus instead decidedly be now taking back control of the property sexual freedom. Of course, the loser government officials don't wish to allow the marriage choice for the wedding of sexual preference.

8. odonII

odonII O

For the love of God make all our Xmas' better by either...a. Talking sense or b. Quit posting gibberish. You may notice that they are the same thing. This act is boring now.

9. odonII

odonII O

Boring. Loop.

10. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I often think the same thing about the United States, to be honest.

11. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

But in Russia the common presence of the standing collective morons at church could be enlightening that (hypocritically speaking at least) I am the individualist. :love: Oh that's good. Darn.:afro:

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, same here (i'm afraid this thought is shared by more people than most americans like to realize. After all, they are the most normal people in the world :p). Are we pretentious now?

13. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I don't think so, just honest. My own country is far from ideal as well.

14. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

I wonder how the Billy Jean King thing will go over then?

15. bobsmoot

bobsmoot Member

Most countries are "far from ideal". Russia just happens to be in the headlines about it, but there are plenty other countries where being openly gay/lesbian will get you flogged, imprisoned, etc. One day the world will become enlightened and accept our rainbow brothers and sisters... But not today. Sad that.

16. freeaction

freeaction Guest

Really...Wooowww..

:sunny:[​IMG]:sunny:

17. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Ha, ha, ha, ha,... but the Russians are in sixth place in the over-all medal standings. It is already four days into the games. How do we explain that?

Unselfish of them?

18. kelleyandsusan

kelleyandsusan Member

Putin better be careful

19. tommy92

tommy92 Guest

i believe the ruski's finished with the most medals as of yesterday o_O

a very enjoyable olympics tho imo!

20. phyrefly

phyrefly Member

At preveentionbetterthancure, the keywords for the archives for fruit trees at Sochi is the Lysenko Affair. We can see the subterranean discourse between Obama and Putin on homosexuality at Sochi:

'Therefore, as Russia and China move toward the establishment of the legal parliamentary state, they will do so while at the same time maintaining their police, spy, and military systems.'
    (Glassman RM, China in Transition: Communism, Capitalism, and Democracy)'Forster in Two Cheers fo Democracy (New York: Harcouort, Brace, 1951) p. 67. Forster is often subtly misquoted, and even when quoted correctly, I believe he is being misread here, and it is useful to re-read the entire passage. Angelton holds to the conventional intelligence view on homosexuality: that even in a time or a society where it is accepted, so that blackmail is not a major risk, homosexuality creates an instability of relationships that can be damaging to the conduct of an operation or investigation. The same may be said of a purely heterosexual relationship. He also believes that homosexuals promote their own and that they compare jobs, breaking down compartmentalization.'
    (Winks R, Cloak and Gonw: Scholars in the Secret War)

Deleuze and Guattari has presupposed these pathologies in their works on capitalism and schizophrenia: Deleuze was married to an actual French female, and Guattari was a radical gay psychoanalyst. Winks does not mention other patholgies discovered by Freud's original circle: the female who aligns with the Christian trinity has two choices: a) ecstatic melancholy b) living her life thinking of herself as a male homosexual.

The Jaba's mainstream puppet-show theatrics twixt O and Putin are not that impressive as far as intelligence goes.