Russia Bans the Quran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wolfman's Brother, Sep 28, 2013.

1. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

PC society keeps the religion out of the news , fraid of being seen as racist.

2. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Partially correct. I would be willing to bet PC media shills would love to put it out there that Joel Osteen flew airplanes into buildings. You see, it is now fashonista to bash Christians while drinking moslem bath water. odon , asmodean?

3. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

You make it seem that people are fickle , dishonest and worse?

4. odonII

odonII O

I didn't mean, necessarily, here (or you).
    I meant in life in general. 'The Real World'.
    But here, hell, you neg' repped me for something trivial (what you considered a spam post) - Is that you being 'friendly'?
    Why bother neg' repping people if we are all supposed to be friends, and all get along with each other?
    Maybe it was friendly constructive criticism o_O
    If I met the people I didn't particularly like here (in the real world) - I'm supposed to be friends with them? No thanks.
    The world would be a lot better place if the people that didn't get on ignored each other - apart from when arguing the toss on the internet ;) - as I'm quite sure no harm is going to fall on anybody.
    Generally, people who dislike each other fight, don't they?
    Say, for instance, Palestine and Israel (people and government) kept out of each others business there might be some peace.

5. odonII

odonII O

Oh, right, you are a Christian?
    I wasn't 'bashing' you because of your faith.
    I was 'bashing' you for what you were/are saying: general prejudiced bigotry.
    If a Muslim person was typing away saying that he/she thinks all Christians (for e.g.) are X, Y and Z - I'd be 'bashing' him or her, too.
    It's Me V hardcore prejudice (what ever type of hardcore prejudice it might be)
    It just so happens in this thread it's Me V (predominantly) a prejudiced Christian and a prejudiced homosexual.
    I'm not really concerned if you are Christian or homosexual (or both).
    Although...
    A prejudiced bigoted Christian and a prejudiced bigoted Homosexual - It's quite funny if you think about it.

I did say I was prejudiced too.
    But, my prejudice is being attracted to certain types of women, and not others.
    I wouldn't sit typing away about how evil (etc) the girls I wasn't attracted to were (or I thought they were).
    That's not me.

You and your cohorts type of prejudice makes feel ill inside.
    It's the same feeling when I hear people being racist or homophobic.
    It's all the same type of prejudice.
    And it is all disgusting.

6. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Whaaaaaaaat? the posts in naturist forums are so much easier to decipher. LOL.

7. odonII

odonII O

There really isn't anything to decipher...

I was 'bashing' you for what you were/are saying: general prejudiced bigotry.
    If a Muslim person was typing away saying that he/she thinks all Christians (for e.g.) are X, Y and Z - I'd be 'bashing' him or her, too.

You and your cohorts type of prejudice makes feel ill inside.
    It's the same feeling when I hear people being racist or homophobic.
    It's all the same type of prejudice.
    And it is all disgusting.

Understand now?

8. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Ahem , whatever. 2 nights ago , a bosnian , islamic bomber was arrested one hour north of my tiny beach side condo. that's close enough for me.

9. odonII

odonII O

RIPTIDE59

Oh, the 'I'm a prejudiced bigot for legitimate reasons' old chestnut - mmmm, if you say so.

10. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

We now still can filter immigration. Don't you wish you did , when you had the chance ?

11. odonII

odonII O

I would imagine not your version of 'filter immigration,' no.
    My version, good grief, yes.

12. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

"But here, hell, you neg' repped me for something trivial (what you considered a spam post)"

Don't think so.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

How do you know which post machinist neg repped him for, monoman?

14. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

I don't and don't understand why it bothered him.

15. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

Could have been one of many or a typo?

16. Asmodean

I think if he says it was about a trivial post what machinist considered a spam post that we can assume that a typo or something is not the case. I know I've neg repped and reported spam posts. Seems a bit weird to assume it was a typo if you don't even know which post it was...

17. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

A bit weird you are so interested to?

18. Asmodean

I'm sorry, you made two posts after my remark so (just like Glen earlier in this thread) I felt obliged to make another response. I'm not that interested, I just wondered where your thought was based on. Seemed on nothing.

19. odonII

odonII O

Post 5

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7792705#post7792705

It didn't bother me. You can't please all of...etc etc

If we are all supposed to be 'friends' and get along etc, surely there wouldn't be any need to neg' rep' anybody...
    In reality, things bug people enough to neg' rep' what has been posted, and we're ALL unlikely to sit around a camp fire singing songs together...
    I don't see there being anything wrong with not liking people, just brushing off what anybody says, and being 'friendly'...
    It's not really how people work...

I did ask if it was friendly constructive criticism...

Since then I've received seven pos' rep' and one more neg' rep' ... so it all kinda works out ok in the end.