Running

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by daisymae, Jun 1, 2013.

1. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I've lost close to 10kg just from a lifestyle change with work. I'm now out of the office and running around as a courier. My diet has been very average but now with not much time for lunch I barely eat during the day and relegate to one meal a day plus a hell of a lot more water. I don't mind jogging around under my own terms but when it comes exclusively because of fitness I detest running. It hurts my back a lot, too.

2. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

To lose weight, join Food Anonymous like Fred Flintstone did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqlkWORazKw"]GOINK GOINK GOINK - YouTube

3. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

1) Figure out your weight maintenance calorie intake. (Many calculators on the webs)
    2) Eat less than your maintenance by 500 cals.
    3) Cut out sugar and carbs, keep fat a bit higher than protein to meet your daily cal goal.
    4) Start by power walking the first 2 weeks at least 3 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes.
    5) Later on start running in intervals (30 second intense sprint, followed by 30 seconds of light jogging) for 20-30 minutes

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I have no weight to lose but I want to start running again just to improve my endurance which is below average as for now. I guess I should buy some good running shoes first.

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I am still running. I gained some weight at first, muscle weighs more than fat, of course. But I seem to be settling down and shaping up now. Clothes are fitting differently and all that. It's hot out, but I go early morning or later in the evening.

June is a hellish month for me, so I haven't been out as much as I'd like, but school ends tomorrow so I will be able to get back on track.

6. DNCämþër

DNCämþër Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I started running 5 years ago...

I lost 60 pounds and am running a half marathon a month now. It has turned into a labor of love.

it's nice to see that you can burn off a days worth of calories in an hour and a half!

Keep up the good work. I'm rooting for you!

7. pandapandapanda

pandapandapanda Member

Depends highly on your body. I like my chubby look only because I feel more happy. I lose weight quick but that was mainly due to a substance I was taking. Its an algae that you ingest every morning. I was on a proper diet for a vegan. But just watch what you eat. Temptations are hard to beat but I find all natural supplements easy to handle. Exercise should be planned out. Setting aside a time limit then raising it when you feel you are use to it is good. Just don't push too hard because it may cause some problems.

8. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I have lost a lot but still have a little bit of a belly and a little bit of thigh fat to lose. Would running be ideal? Any other suggestions?

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the kind of exercise doesn't really matter much as far as the weight loss. as long as you're burning calories, you'll eventually lose the fat (assuming your diet is within reason).

it's pretty much personal preference though as far as if you should be running/biking/swimming/etc. although certain exercises do burn calories a little faster than others.

10. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I am just wondering if I should be stepping up my exercise a notch - I already walk to and from work 5 days a week which works out to be about 1hr 20 mins of walking today. And my diet is really good.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm sure a little more exercise won't hurt anything. and if nothing else in your lifestyle changes, it should help you lose that last little bit of weight.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucltvt4aLg"]Rufus Wainwright - I'm A-Runnin - YouTube