Running Away...

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by A Clockwork Orange*, May 8, 2004.

1. DharmaBum

DharmaBum Old Guard

I'd recommend seriously staying put unless Your Sure you can properly look after yourself on the road ,unless you have the know how and mean's to look afteryourself it's going to be a pretty short journey..just my few cents.

2. acid*rain~bow

acid*rain~bow Member

i guess the first step towards solving problems is accepting them. admitting weakness is the greatest strength...

there certainly is some kind of basic human need to escape when things are getting *too much*, it must be some kind of defence mechanism...but i think there is a difference between just isolating yourself from the direct source of pain to be able to regain energy and not being able to confront yourself with the reality you live in

3. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

i am weak! i am weak! oh lordey, but I am one fucking powerful weakling!!! ;)

hehehehe

4. Indriel

Indriel Member

You sound like you need a bit of time to yourself! Like it's all getting a bit overwhelming? Probably a good time to get away, be with noone but yourself, think of what you want from life & the person you want to be. We all need to get away from external life sometimes, go inner, see what's there - if you don't look you'll never know. But I agree, work out where you're going to go before you do, or you'll just run into more hassles. And remember to come back when you're done.. Good luck, best wishes, hope you find what you're looking for..

5. Moro

Moro Member

I can't really give you a fool proof plan, but I'll tell you what I did.

Runaway #1: Basically, I packed a bag with the essentials, then ran away in the middle of the night. I didn't have anywhere to go so I walked to the Arts Centre (2 hour walk, kinda like an outside mall/market/thing. It's hard to explain.) I slept on the bench there, but it was so uncomfortable and I was freezing cold (NOTE - BRING WARM COAT.) I went home because of the cold and I knew that I'd have to go home soon anyway because I had no where to go.

Runaway #2: This was more planned. A friend and I were going to hide out at another friends house (she doesn't live with her parents or anything). We were going to leave after school and just disappear. But, I made the mistake of telling a friend who told the teachers, who decided to call my mother and tell her that they didn't want me in school anymore (I frikking got suspended for a day for trying to run away - i don't get this!!!). So everything fell through. My mothers a teacher so she locked me in the sick bay at her school while she kept teaching. I climbed out the window and ran off but they found me really late that night (sleeping on a park bench. Once again, COLD!)

Tips: Run away with someone with a car. It'll be warmer, you'll get further and it's not as dangerous.

Ok, your question: What kind of parents do I have?
    Right now, drunk ones (my mother just lost her job which means we have no money and they're drinking away their problems... parents *sigh*).
    Seriously, my dad loves me, my mother sees me as an inconvienience I think - I'm always in trouble, slicing my arms, running away or getting bought home by the cops. They went after me. If you have parents who'll go after you, you need a car, or somewhere to hide.

So yeah, I think that's all I can say.
    Good luck,
    Moro

6. garf12

garf12 Member

running away sloves nothing! plus how the hell do you plan on supporting your self. dont be a moron.

7. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Just sell yer ass. You got an ass dont you?

8. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

called "She's Leaving Home" i think.... just in case anyone cared... i loved that song because it is truth.

about running away... i have dreams but no balls therefore i stay in suburbian hell... thats my problem all there is for miles is suburbs and i aint in good enough shape to make it to the city/hiding place in one night. plus due to my young age only a protestute scout would hire me... so not exactly my dream job...

plus i realized id be like "yay freedom! no more school, materialistic lying suburbinite fuckers! WOO HOO!!" and id be happy for like a day. i mean... then what. if you plan on going back thats one thing... but i could never go back which would mean living off whatever i found or was given. (That really didnt worry me because as a person, i have this strange trust in life... like life will work out, i dont got to worry, ill be taken care of, and all that. I think its egotistical really, like i think im specail, so i dont have the same rules, like im one of those who always lands on their feet. a selfish lie it is maybe but thats how it is for me.) anyway, i wasnt worryed about $$$ and basic needs i knew id get what i needed. but i couldnt settle for that. i wanted to be BIG. a big artist of some kind. i wanted to make a difference. and its a lot harder to get to the top when you've got to start all the way at the bottom. you dont reach people as much when youre just getting by

on the other hand i totally feel you guys. i have no privacy no alone time, so running away for awhile seems like a good way to sort out some shit i got in my head. however... id have to come home and id just feel so defeated coming back. damn my useless ego. it lies to me ....

anyways... good luck...

~~Peace~~

9. loverofthewoods

loverofthewoods Member

i know where your coming from...this summer in running to hawaii (kalalou valley) to live on the beach for a few months with teh hippies :D my present situation has been drug out far too long and has done nothing but pull me down...so im saying fuck it and following my dreams

10. dreadbrit

dreadbrit Member

hey, you just need to smoke a bowl and get a new perspective on life. really just listen to some air, i recommend playground love it always works and smoke a bowl

11. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

get an apartment- thats what my brother did and it helped him out so much, before he was always sneaking out and doing all this crap, but once he got out of the house for a few months and had his own place it totally changed him- he doenst do it anymore, well that and my parents cant punish him.. they quit trying

12. woodstock1969hippie

woodstock1969hippie Member

i know how you feel man

13. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

If youhate people and things in this world.... you cant run away from this...because it's inside ya. you can run away from people, relationships...home.... but not from yourself...you need to fix it within your mind I think